Looking for a Garuda Kusala tent

8:34 p.m. on February 25, 2012 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
17 forum posts

I am looking for a Garuda Kusala Tent by Dana Design (2 man 4 season single wall) I would also do a Kamet if someone has one of them. If any one know of any other great tents that would be comparable please let me know. thanks 

2:05 a.m. on February 28, 2012 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
93 forum posts

Hi,

In the Garuda line you might also consider the Kaja. Really a fine tent, 95% free standing,  and my standard winter mountaineering tent.You can google it and the Garuda catalog usually comes up as a pdf.

Dana made these for a while after they acquired Garuda and added one more vent up top. I never had any condensation to speak of in the original Kaja but some may have thought it was an improvement.

Garuda's are fine tents and are highly sought after. I still have an Atman and Paimihr in addition to the Kaja. They are not for sale.

All the Best,

Mazama

8:49 a.m. on February 28, 2012 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
17 forum posts

Thanks Mazama, I actually have a few that would meet my needs Dana design/Garuda the Kaja, Kusala, Kamet and Tasir. I heard the Marmot Taku is the same as the Garuda Kusala so that one is added to the lists. I have a Dana Design Big Joe that i bought new way back when and i have used many of times without ever getting wetting in some of the worst storms, this tent is great for car camping but 8+ pounds; just looking for something lighter to take on the trail. I'll keep my eyes open for one, it will pop up if its meant to be. 

thanks Ken

July 31, 2014
Quick Reply