About | Blog | Forums | People | Free Newsletter
Trailspace is a product review site for outdoor enthusiasts. Use it to find and share great gear.

Can You Help me Identify this pack?

10:42 p.m. on March 4, 2012 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
12 forum posts

Hello, all TrailSpace.com readers.

I have an internal frame backack that I recently inherited.

I am wondering if anyone has seen this pack before, and can help me identify the Brand and/or model. When I need an item for my hiking or camping adventures, I try to make it, and if I can't, then I buy quality gear, and take very good care of it. While I am not a "gear snob", I do like to know what it is that I do have.

Here is what I know about the pack:

It is made of denier nylon, it has 1 compartment (with an inner full-length sleeve on the back-side, for what I presume might be for stiffenners / a CCF sit pad?).

It has 2 compression straps on each lateral side, and 2 on the front side. The 2 front-side compression straps buckle at the top by the shoulder strap, and go to the bottom back side for securing items on the bottom of the pack. 

The main compartment is zipper-accessed from the front, with a 2" wide VELCRO overlapping closure. The TOP of the compartment is double cinch-corded for weather-proofness. Also on the front are straps for hiking poles, and the front sides each have what look like a water bottle sleeve about 4" deep.

The length of the pack is 28" from the bottom seam to the 1st cinch cord. There is an additional 10" of nylon to the 2nd / top cinch cord.

The base measures 34" in circumference - what size pack would this be? 

Main pack color is grey with navy blue trip.

The 2 shoulder straps have a connecting chest strap, there is 1 top hanging loop strap, and there is 1 zippered compartment on the exterior of what would be the right hip belt pad. 

It seems to be a 'bomb-proof' pack in excellent condition.

I'm not a gram-weenie so I don't have a gram scale, and the bathroom scale pegs it at 3# - - - - - which is a far cry lighter than the Dana Designs LongBed External Frame pack I am selling!

It has NO mfg markings, no tags, nothing to identify it at all. If anyone can help me identify it, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,

Backpackerguy

Font LEFT view:
DSCN0435.jpg

Front RIGHT view:
DSCN0436.jpg

Front CENTER view:
DSCN0437.jpg

View of Main Zippered Compartment, w/ Velcro closure:
DSCN0438.jpg

Back view:
DSCN0439.jpg

TOP view of main compartment:
DSCN0440.jpg

Flat on the floor, BACK view:
DSCN0441.jpg

Flat on the floor, FRONT view:
DSCN0442.jpg

11:03 p.m. on March 4, 2012 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
105 forum posts

The pack does not have a top pocket?  If not, it looks like the straps in the front of the pack wrap around the top & connect to the buckles at the top of the shoulder strap yoke.  It looks to be a climbing 'haul' bag, especially with the zipper/velcro opening--an older model possibly made by Metolius?

6:29 a.m. on March 5, 2012 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
12 forum posts

No pocket on the top flap, just one large cavernous opening to the main compartment.

3:47 p.m. on March 5, 2012 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
12 forum posts

Thanks for the info, Karmantra

12:15 p.m. on March 7, 2012 (EST)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
397 reviewer rep
963 forum posts

I have this pack in black in storage.  It's an inexpensive travel brand that I think is made well.  Something like "open country" or "big country."  Let me look for it.

10:11 p.m. on March 12, 2012 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
12 forum posts

Thanks, Seth!

April 19, 2014
Quick Reply