For Sale: New Montrail Moraine Women's Boot in 6.5US $100 or Best Offer

5:27 p.m. on March 13, 2012 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
1 forum posts

I have a brand new, never used pair of hiking boots I had purchased some time ago for one of my daughters.  This Montrail Moraine model is discontinued. The marks stamped inside say "W  61/2  18 02"          

Sizing:  US 6.5, UK 4, EUR 37, CM 23.5  Made in Italy.  I can email photos if you wish.  This pair is all black with a gray leather liner. I'm happy to ship them to you.  Susan

Here's what reviewers have said:

The Woman's Moraine is more than a heavy duty backpacking boot. Since it will take you any where you want to go, 'backcountry boot' is more fitting. The heal welt is specifically designed for use with hybrid crampons. Montrails Integrafit system provides greater stabilization of your foot and increased comfort. Protective rubber toe rand extends the life of the boot. Roomy toe box leaves toes free to wiggle and positive heel lock reduces friction due to slippage. One-piece, seamless, waterproof 3mm full-grain leather upper. Designed for extended, heavyweight backpacking and more.

- RockCreek

The Moraine has been part of the Montrail line since the beginning. Its traditional Italian construction and materials have made it a classic in the backpacking world. The boot has evolved over the years and is now considered suitable for extended backpacking to light mountaineering. The heavy-duty uppers and burley sole make it durable for long-hauls and supportive enough to carry heavy loads.The upper is hinged at the ankle allowing good forward flex while still retaining lateral stability. A molded tongue overlay distributes the lace pressure evenly, letting you tighten the laces over the instep and ankle to improve heel lock, without feeling the laces bite into sensitive areas of your feet. Features 3-D Tongue Folded Gusset IntegraFit Last Hinging Upper High Traction Outsoles Tuned Flex Vibram Moraine Sole Platform Crampon compatible Leather heel liner Details Weight: 2 lb./ 0,90 kg Style: Ankle-high, one-piece folded gusset adjustable tongue Upper: 3.0 mm waterproof full-grain, rough-out leather Lining: Cambrelle forefoot and tongue with leather heel Insole: Stilflex Midsole: Microporous rubber Outsole: Vibram Moraine Lasting Board Full-length molded nylon Toe Counter: Thermoplastic Heel Counter: Thermoplastic Toe Cap: Textured rubber Construction: Rigid board lasted

- Moosejaw

If you have the patience, disposable income and tolerance for pain, you can endure the blistering pain of a dozen or more hiking and mountaineering boots before realizing that some boots feel better on inclines while others offer the best support on flat and compacted trail surfaces. Until now, the goal was to spend as little money as possible seeking out the boot that did both things moderately well--and then buying several pairs to last throughout your lifetime. Montrail made things easier for everyone when they introduced their mountaineering-oriented Moraine. Along the waterproof 3-mm. upper is a hinged design that allows for forward flex on ascents and descents--a dividend that pays off huge when you're confronting a dozen miles of rocky switchbacks. The molded 3-D tongue distributes lace pressure evenly across the top of your foot while the tapered collar enhances comfort on long hauls. The Vibram Moraine sole is molded to accommodate both strap-on and hybrid crampons. No pain, all gain. Sometimes progress is a great thing.

- Altrec Outdoors

July 30, 2014
Quick Reply