86" X 31"

1 lb 11 oz

New tag still on bag reads: $279.99.

Asking $120 plus shipping

Do have a Paypal account.

3:47 p.m. on March 26, 2012 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
1,237 forum posts

Hey Gary,  Hope the travel's  go well.  What are the measurments on the VALANDRE down bag including loft, length, width top and bottom, L or R hand zip ( I can't tell as I have lousy resolution).  Any info on any of the tags that may lead one to figure out the model would be helpful. Thanks

11:55 a.m. on March 28, 2012 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
1 forum posts

How much does the Valandre weigh?

Need a lightweight backpacking bag for myself (5'4") and one for a 6 foot person.

12:13 p.m. on March 28, 2012 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
606 forum posts

I would be interested in the valandre if we could figure out what the temp rating is?

12:43 p.m. on March 28, 2012 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
1 forum posts

Valandre down bag approx. measurements:  loft 8", length 72" to neck plus hood, width at top 28" and bottom 24", and the zipper is on the left side of bag.

7:41 p.m. on March 28, 2012 (EDT)
200 reviewer rep
4,148 forum posts

We have no idea what the temp rating is on the bag and could not find a bag like it at the Valandre site.  tlcfj40 is my hiking buddy visiting me.

3:14 a.m. on April 6, 2012 (EDT)
8 reviewer rep
9 forum posts

Is the Bag Valandré or does it have a Valandré Tag on the bag itself?  Can you post a picture of the tag?

Thanks!

7:15 a.m. on April 6, 2012 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
4 forum posts

The bag in question is a expedition oriented Nanga 900 or Lhotse 1100, corresponding to a Freja or a Odin in the curent line. It will have a slightly lower performance, as it is not a differential cut. The bag is from before 1994, so it's over 20 years old. From what I can see from the foot box loft, the down seems in good shape. Non a big problem to get back up running: Send it to Belcaire in France, and we will wash it, and ad some more fresh down. Niels. (I am from Valandre)

8:38 a.m. on April 6, 2012 (EDT)
MODERATOR REVIEW CORPS
658 reviewer rep
2,148 forum posts

Niels,

Thank you for dropping by to let us know which bag this specimen would be. Welcome to Trailspace! 

You are likely to find many people here hold your products in very high regard. Here's to gear makers who strive for excellence!

Cheers,

Gonzan 

11:06 a.m. on April 6, 2012 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
4 forum posts

Thanks Gonzan,

I have followed your forum with interest for some time, and fell across this post about this "veteran bag", so I just would like to give a helping hand. We often recieve veteran bags to service here in France, and the thing so interesting about them are....that they contain memmory. And who would not respect that?

Niels

11:23 a.m. on April 6, 2012 (EDT)
1,631 reviewer rep
3,962 forum posts

Hey Niels,

Great to have ya chiming in on the boards. I am sure many could find your input quite helpful to say the least.

Thanks for helping out Gary with a bit of clarification in regards to his bag.

Thanks again-Rick

1:46 p.m. on April 6, 2012 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
4 forum posts

Just currious to know how this Veteran bag, have ended up in the USA. Maybe Gary can inform me/us how he got it? When we produced it, we were just a garage company in France, so to see one in the USA is quite impressing to me. And would it be possible to see some close up photos to date it more correctly (Logo is a indicator). On the inside, there are a sewn in product tag with the product ref (opposide of the zipper ). what does it read? Is it mummy style or side zipped? And on the inside hood, are there a trapazoidal piece of printed fabric offering the possibility for expedition members/owners to wright their name. Is there any name on it? Are there any trace of PERTEX on it?

(I am just personally very courions here, so please do not mis understand - THANKS)

Niels

3:45 p.m. on April 6, 2012 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
1,237 forum posts

Hi Neils and a hardy welcome to Trailspace from across the pond, 

I bought the Valandré bag from Gary's friend tlcfj40 (up above) and will be more than happy to take as many pictures as possible to further ID the bag and get as much info as possible about it.  I bought the bag as I'm getting really tired of mummy style bags and it's getting harder and harder to find quality bags in this style of cut, esp. with the UL movment.  If you click on his screen name you will be taken to his Member page.  Then in the right hand corner you will find Send tlcfj40 a private message.  Click on this and you will be able to message him.  I will get you pictures when I recieve the bag.  The bag seems to be in excellent condition but I'm sure all here would be interested in what you charge to "........wash it, and ad some more fresh down."?  I contated Valandré and here are copy's of the information that was sent back to me as I myself tried to find out more information about the bag before buying it. 

Wednesday, March 28, 2012 8:48 AM

Dear Brian, It seems to be a Valandré sleeping bag of approximatively 15-20 years old. This sleeping bag is filled with 700-800 grs goose down. Do you need more informations ? Best Regards from France, Emmanuelle Berdé
Secrétaire commerciale
SARL Valandré
00 33 4.68.20.37.15
00 33 4.68.20.37.63
www.valandre.com

and then a week later:

Wednesday, April 04, 2012 5:02 AM

Dear Brian, I can't confirm you more details about this model ; I'm sorry. I hope it will be ok for you. Best Regards from France, Emmanuelle Berdé
Secrétaire commerciale
SARL Valandré
00 33 4.68.20.37.15
00 33 4.68.20.37.63
www.valandre.com

Again thank you for your being able to give us further information about the bag,  Brian

10:50 p.m. on April 16, 2012 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
1,237 forum posts

Hey tlcjf40 & Gary,  Bag received.  Thanks......nice old school bag.

@Niels.............Here are the picts you requested.

Here is the tag on the inside of the bag.  I can't read French but I would guess this to be a "modele" Duvet D'Die.  I tried to translate Duvet D'Die with little success.
DSC05408.jpg

Was this the tag that you said one could make his/her name on to ID the owner of the bag.  This tag is on the end of the stuff sack.  The bottom tag is on the sleeping bag.
DSC05407.jpg

I would guess this to be the older French equivalent off a compression sack.
DSC05409.jpg

Here are some cool shots of a vintage Valandré bag.
DSC05410.jpg
DSC05411.jpg
DSC05412.jpg
DSC05413.jpg
DSC05414.jpg

The French do the color thing very well, eh?

11:04 p.m. on April 16, 2012 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
223 forum posts

Duvet d'oie translates as "down of goose", or goose down.

1:09 a.m. on April 17, 2012 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
1,237 forum posts

Huh, Thanks....................The closest I could come to a translation was "bedding or duvet" to die............or the bedding to die in.  Bear bait!!  That's sounding much better.  It's a start to figuring this bag out.

7:03 a.m. on April 17, 2012 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
4 forum posts

Nice shots. This bag reminds me of a typical expedition bag from before 91. The down is lofting surpricesingly well for a bag over 20years old, so it was well kept and stored. As I see no sign of a sewn in "Expedition member" tag inside the hood under the head, the bag could be from 87/88, and the fabric is not a Pertex but a STIR from Lyon - France. At that time, Valandre was a inside brand in France, and there were NO sales to the US. This leaves me to think, that "someone" bought it in France. Chances are HIGH, that it was delivered to a French High altitude expedition, that ordered equipment directly in Belcaire. (Benoit Chamoux/Bull expeditions)

And the total weight?

September 15, 2014
Quick Reply