FS: Scarpa SL M3 size 48 bxx

5:43 p.m. on April 4, 2012 (EDT)
38 reviewer rep
395 forum posts

I have a pair of nearly new Scarpa SL M3's size 48 bxx.  They have had limited use, mostly around town trying to break them in and about 10 miles on trail. They are'nt broke in thats for sure. Wish I could keep them but they're just a hair to small for me.  So rather then letting them sit in the closet somebody should take these boots into the Mountains where they belong.

I did treat them with Obenaufs for waterprofing. Still have original insoles, and laces. 1 lace has some fraying at 1 end starting. (dont know what happened there) A few scuffs in the toe area, but otherwise still in great shape.  Paid $249 for these new  You can save $175 and still have the fun of breaking in an almost new pair of Scarpas      

Im asking $75 + ship

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg
13a.jpg
14.jpg
15.jpg
19.jpg
17.jpg

5:51 p.m. on April 4, 2012 (EDT)
1,631 reviewer rep
3,962 forum posts

$75? Wow. That's a deal and a half.

5:58 p.m. on April 4, 2012 (EDT)
38 reviewer rep
395 forum posts

I think so too. Hopefully its a regular here that snatches em up. But if not thats okay too.

6:06 p.m. on April 4, 2012 (EDT)
1,631 reviewer rep
3,962 forum posts

At that price I don't think they will last long. If they were a 46BX(standard width/volume) I would buy them in a heartbeat as backups. I love mine.

But as you stated fit is crucial.

8:32 p.m. on April 4, 2012 (EDT)
TOP 25 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
1,160 reviewer rep
605 forum posts

WoW! Quite the deal offered up here, somebodys gonna be real happy, and owe the Rhino some thanks!

Good boot + great price + awesome seller= I wish I fit these.

12:17 a.m. on April 7, 2012 (EDT)
38 reviewer rep
395 forum posts

I just want boots to live a long happy life in the hills.

12:32 p.m. on April 7, 2012 (EDT)
52 reviewer rep
312 forum posts

Excellent boots, probably the best available for the money. Azrhino, if you try the new fit they have (called 'active'), you might find they are better for the exact same sizing. I think they have redesigned the heel and toe area, making the same outsole length for a longer boot inside (rounded heel for less blistering, IMO, though no more heel lifting because of the cuff, and toe box slants away more at the very front). I am extrapolating from the boot below it, called the Delta, so can't be certain.

12:46 p.m. on April 7, 2012 (EDT)
1,631 reviewer rep
3,962 forum posts

Pathloser, I have been in contact with Scarpa back and forth on the Activ(6mos+.) It's not available here in the states yet for consumer purchase.

Nice boot. They altered the fit a bit from the current SL.

New-Scarpa-SL.jpg

Projected for possible release here fall 2012(info courtesy of Scarpa .)

Here is a video on the boot:

It will be a lil pricier than the current SL as well. 

2:18 p.m. on April 7, 2012 (EDT)
52 reviewer rep
312 forum posts

Yes, that appears to be the same outsole (not as deep a tread though) and the pulley system eyelets, as come with my Deltas. Sole is good, just not aggressive as the older model shown by arzrhino; lace eyelets are great, very smooth tightening and loosening. Insole compared to my ten year old SL and Manta boots: wider, especially at the forefoot, slightly better sponge. Rand on the new boot is unnecessary, IMO, as the earlier leather was more than capable with sharp stones and the glue on any rand can be either too strong (rips the leather) or too weak (comes away).

Nice though, especially if made in Italy still (Deltas made in Romania).

2:33 p.m. on April 7, 2012 (EDT)
1,631 reviewer rep
3,962 forum posts

Imho the Activb is gonna have to be an awesome boot to match let alone surpass the current SL M3. 

I like the M3 outsole... Alot.

If the boot that rhino listed fits its an awesome boot for heavy hauling in rocky terrain and VERY well made.

062.jpg

From my understanding the Activ is still made in Italy from a convo I had with a Scarpa rep. 

They have some of their lighter weight boots/shoes that are made outside Italy but I was told that they are slowly trying to get all of their footwear back to being produced in Asolo Italy.

12:46 p.m. on April 8, 2012 (EDT)
38 reviewer rep
395 forum posts

I really like the boots and they are/were perfect for what I was looking for, a hefty boot for very ruff and rocky terrain. But toes are not happy in them. I'll  definitly be looking at the Activ eventionally but just dropped $250 on some new Red Wing work boots so its gonna be awhile. Heck might be awhile before I can do any serious  packing anyhow.

Somebody must need a good pair of used Scarpas cheap.

September 16, 2014
Quick Reply