FS: The North Face VE-25

11:04 a.m. on April 10, 2012 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
121 forum posts

Selling my TNF VE 25 dome tent. 4 season, spacious for 2, sleeps 3.  Used car camping 3 or 4 times. It's about 4 years old and I am the original owner. The condition of the tent is as if just returning from the store with it. What I mean is it would be difficult to distinguish it from a brand new tent. Except for the white panels, its essentially the same tent. Same description, same spec's and has the NF life time guarantee. Love the tent but I'm offering it for sale because it's just not being used. If very interested, I'll set it up and send photo's. Current price is $619.00. Asking $350.00 inclusive of shipping.

A former, potential buyer asked this question: "How do you find the tent breathes in warm weather? I'd like the capability of 3 season use as well-although definitely not a deciding factor".

My Reply:  The interior canopy is an uncoated, breathable ripstop nylon that allows body moisture to pass into the space between canopy and fly where it can be dissipated by air flow. Besides the breathability of the canopy, there are 2 zippered vents at the center top with mesh that can be opened or closed depending upon conditions. They are aligned with companion vents built into the outer rain fly which also can be battened down. The front entrance has a full mesh bug screen for warmer weather coupled with a full nylon zippered door. Each has 3 zipper pulls for setting the right size opening for ventilation. The rear entrance also has a screened panel but it is a bit smaller. So, with the front and rear door adjustable opening's and the top ceiling vents, there is good cross ventilation and air flow to the rounded peak. The original VE-25 didn't have the ceiling vents. Hope this helps.

11:28 a.m. on April 10, 2012 (EDT)
200 reviewer rep
4,168 forum posts

Wow, $619 new. I bought a VE-24 in 1978 for $300. It was like the VE-25 without two doors and no vents. But it had two snow tunnel-like vents on the back sides of the hexagon. A grizzly bear destroyed it in 1996 after I had used it almost 20 years. I used the VE 24 in the Sierra, Denali,Glacier and the NW Wyoming area.

I owned a VE 25 for a period in the 90s. They are excellent tents and very spacious.

12:50 p.m. on April 10, 2012 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
121 forum posts

I  have been working seasonally for 8 years in NPS campgrounds and every now and then I still see the VE-24 with the drawcord closure,  tunnel entrances. Fabric and stitching still holding up despite the years of UV exposure. Pesty bears! Had a Sierra Designs 3-man Hexagon that was destroyed by a black bear in northwest NJ some years ago. Thanks for your commentary!

NK-

9:37 p.m. on April 13, 2012 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
121 forum posts

Tent has been sold.

October 1, 2014
Quick Reply