FS: Nearly-new Garmont Vetta Plus Boots, size 10.5

12:04 p.m. on July 13, 2012 (EDT)
REVIEW CORPS
1,195 reviewer rep
1,064 forum posts

Up for your consideration is a pair of nearly-new Garmont Vetta Plus boots. These are great boots, but I just don’t wear them anymore. They are not made anymore, and are quite hard to find. I used them for a couple trips around the Maroon Bells and that was it. As you can see, there are no creases in the leather upper, no dirt on the pull-loops, and no flaws in the rubber rand (just a bit of trail dust). They are a European size 45.5, but fit a bit small. They would be perfect for someone who normally wears a US men’s size 10-11.

image.jpg

The Vetta Plus’ are ideal for summer alpine adventures and all kind of general hiking duty. They flex well at the forefoot, yet accept semi-automatic crampons. There is no Gore-tex liner to keep your foot all sweaty and miserable. They allow a very precise fit, on account of the lace-to-toe design. These are comparable to something like a LaSportiva Trango S EVO, but are even lighter in weight…

image.jpg

Below is the manufacturer’s stock write-up, which I found on-line:

Lace up the Garmont Men's Vetta Plus Mountaineering Boots, and attack the nearest wall with ferocious speed and tenacious grip. The Vetta Plus is a versatile approach, mixed route, and technical alpine speed ascent boot, with a low-bulk Cambrelle lining, crampon-compatible Vibram sole, and to-the-toe lacing for precision fit. Its suede and synthetic upper is ready for big wall abuse, and Garmont gave it a slingshot rand and a fully wrapped, pointed toe for edging performance.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This was a $250 boot when new; I’d be quite happy to get half of that. So then, $125 OBO plus actual shipping costs and they’re yours. Before you go spend $300 on a new pair of Trangos, you owe it to yourself to give these a shot…

5:21 p.m. on July 23, 2012 (EDT)
REVIEW CORPS
1,195 reviewer rep
1,064 forum posts

$125 for a wicked-light summer moutaineering boot...

11:09 a.m. on August 11, 2012 (EDT)
60 reviewer rep
115 forum posts

With another little one on the way moneys tight. Plus there's a pair on eBay in nearly new cond for $105 right now. Would you be interested at $100?

2:30 p.m. on August 20, 2012 (EDT)
REVIEW CORPS
1,195 reviewer rep
1,064 forum posts

Did you get the ones on ebay?...Because I searched for 'em later on that day, and they were nowhere to be found...at any rate, they must have been an odd size to be that inexpensive, as the lowest I've seen them in a common size on Ebay was around $175.

That being said, $125 is already a steal, and it's been another week since your offer...surely you've saved up another $25?

7:44 p.m. on August 25, 2012 (EDT)
REVIEW CORPS
1,195 reviewer rep
1,064 forum posts

So, then, that's $125 for a very capable pair of boots that really serve triple duty: All-purpose hiking boots, crazy-sticky mid-height approach shoes, and semi-automatic-crampon compatible summer mountaineering boots...

9:17 p.m. on August 28, 2012 (EDT)
60 reviewer rep
115 forum posts

Yup, got em last week. Craigslist actually. Great boot and deal.

Good luck with yours.

11:44 a.m. on September 2, 2012 (EDT)
REVIEW CORPS
1,195 reviewer rep
1,064 forum posts

Thanks MoZee! These are still for sale...somebody make an offer...

8:52 p.m. on September 15, 2012 (EDT)
REVIEW CORPS
1,195 reviewer rep
1,064 forum posts

Bueller...Bueller...Bueller...

September 2, 2014
Quick Reply