For Sale: Helsport Varanger 8-10 (Tipi Tent)

2:19 p.m. on August 8, 2012 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
8 forum posts

Full disclosure: I am newly registered on Trailspace (this is my first post).  I wanted to list this item on a site geared towards like-minded individuals, rather than craigslist or ebay.

I am selling my floorless Helsport Varanger 8-10 Lavvu Tent (Tipi Tent), in EXCELLENT condition, which I purchased from Tamarack Outdoors in 2010.  I originally purchased the Varanger to use while kayak camping but have sadly moved away from the water and have been been unable to use it as much as I'd like.

image.jpg

This tent is designed to sleep 8-10 people.  It is a palace for four!  This tent would be ideal for winter camping or car camping but is beyond what a reasonable person would backpack with.  The original product description from Helsport can be found here:

Varanger was crowned test winner in an extensive lavvu comparison by norwegian outdoor magazine villmarksliv, varanger is our new fully loaded model. the outer tent is made of a specially developed fire retardant Helsport rainguard® which is ideal for use in lavvu. the opening has protected double zippers and fire retardant mosquito mesh. Two Helsport AirflowII® ventilation ducts combine with an internally adjustable top opening to ensure sufficient airflow inside, preventing condensation and improving air quality. the aluminium centre pole is light and makes for easy set up and the many guy line points increase stability during high winds. a drying rack are included.

• Compatible with Helsport Lavvu Oven
  • The opening has protected double zippers
  • Two Helsport AirflowII® ventilation ducts on the floor
  • Adjustable top opening to ensure sufficient airflow innside
  • Drying rackare included.
  • Extra equipment: ground sheet and inner tent
  • New guy points for all our tents. The guy line is looped up and attached in the elastic webbing in a simple and easy way.
  • Helsport Rainguard® Flame retardant outer tent
  • Aluminium Center Pole

Persons: 8-10 Area: 17.0m2  Weight outer tent: 4.8kg Peg weight: 0.9kg Pole weight: 1.3kg

Price is FIRM at $500 which includes shipping within CONUS (insured).  Will only accept PAYPAL.  If interested, feel free to call me at SIX FIVE ZERO - THREE EIGHT ZERO - FIVE EIGHT NINE EIGHT.  Serious offers only. 

V/R,

Greg

2:29 p.m. on August 8, 2012 (EDT)
1,631 reviewer rep
3,962 forum posts

Greg, I went in an edited your post to include the photo of the shelter. Hope this helps.

Nice rig btw. 

Happy hiking and welcome to Trailspace.

2:34 p.m. on August 20, 2012 (EDT)
REVIEW CORPS
1,195 reviewer rep
1,063 forum posts

Interested...you say you do not have the floor, but what of the inner tent?

And welcome to Trailspace!

8:54 p.m. on August 22, 2012 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
8 forum posts

Pillowthread,

No, I only have the outer tent.  Never needed the inner tent and I have loved not having to deal with cleaning the tent floor, etc.  Let me know if you have anymore questions.  Thanks!

5:56 p.m. on August 26, 2012 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
1 forum posts

Hello, I was just wondering if you still have it for sale? If you do, can you email me a list of the parts you have and how much you want. Thank you very much

1:28 a.m. on August 31, 2012 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
8 forum posts

Yes, it's still for sale. This is the outer tent. $500 firm.

4:37 p.m. on September 18, 2012 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
8 forum posts

Still available.  Feel free to PM or call if you have any questions.  Thanks!

5:41 p.m. on October 3, 2012 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
1 forum posts

Hi just wondering is your varanger still for sale thanks

6:24 p.m. on October 4, 2012 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
8 forum posts

Yes, it's still for sale.

8:40 a.m. on October 5, 2012 (EDT)
119 reviewer rep
456 forum posts

5bblbrewing,  Questions;  Assuming the tent is still for sale.

Is the tent set up for Hot Tenting (or Hot Camping) where you can place a small wood stove in the tent and run a vent through the top?

What is the rough area of the floor, (Feet across) and head room, can you or most people stand in it?

Color of the tent and fly?  Same as the picture?

It looks like there is a inter tent and a rain fly is this correct?

Do you have the packed size and weight in lbs?

12:57 p.m. on October 5, 2012 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
8 forum posts

Wolfman,

I only use the outer tent. Never purchased the inner tent or ground sheet because I never needed them.

Yes, the tent is set up for Hot Camping (material is fire retardant). At it's peak, it is over 9 ft high! Plenty of room for me to stand up. I'm 5'10". Packed weight for the tent, aluminum pole and pegs is roughly 12 lb.

Recommend you check out the Helsport site for additional info. They make some really sweet gear! Let me know if you have any more questions.

12:39 p.m. on October 15, 2012 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
8 forum posts

Sold!

July 24, 2014
Quick Reply