for Sale-Coleman Peak one Cobra tent (3.5lb w/fly)

9:13 p.m. on August 20, 2012 (EDT)
11 reviewer rep
5 forum posts

In excellent condition. It is reviewed on this site as well as thebackpacker.com.  Eighty-five dollars shipped INCONUS on Paypal.

9:23 p.m. on August 20, 2012 (EDT)
REVIEW CORPS
1,195 reviewer rep
1,063 forum posts

This is a legendary tent, at an incredible price...this'll go quickly...

2:58 p.m. on August 26, 2012 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
6 forum posts

I'm interested in the coleman tent, but I'm new to lightweight gear & have a few questions that I couldn't find easily on google.  Do you mind answering them for me?

1. is this a two person tent (I found conflicting answers online)

2. We camp mostly on gravel river banks where its hard to get the little cheap tent stakes to hold... Do you think this tent, with the one pole design, would do well in that setting?

3. anything else I should consider?

also, does it leak any?  Can you post or email pics please?

4:19 p.m. on August 26, 2012 (EDT)
314 reviewer rep
1,124 forum posts

The Peak 1 Cobra is a classic and one that I have used many times in the past and moving to the future. I just had to replace my rainfly. Coleman doesn't make the Cobra or the Iyno fly anymore. So with $35 I picked up the Exponent Iyno 2 fly. It a vast improvement on the old Cobra fly. But still fit the Cobra inner. I did have to add a pole at the foot of the tent.

Wgonfan. The Cobra has many pluses and some minuses. There is plenty of head room. More than enough room for one. Fair for two. Both sides of the fly open,  2 doors. One pole means it must be staked out. I see this as a plus but you may not. The down side, Fly will droop down and touch your feet., there is no vent on the fly.

This is a picture of mine with the new fly. It looks the same except it has the upper vent.

image.jpg

from the back
image.jpg

At the foot of the tent you can see the pole I made to fit the new fly.
image.jpg

Here is the Cobra. 

There is no foot pole. the inner screening lies on your bag. And sometimes the fly as well.
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

As you can tell I really love this tent.

Hope this helps

12:58 a.m. on August 29, 2012 (EDT)
11 reviewer rep
5 forum posts

1.) The Cobra is considered by most a 1.5 person tent,it can fit two but it wont be spacious.

2.)As far as river beds go you'll probably want to get some 9 inch stakes or maybe some mesh deadman anchors that could be buried.

3.) I'll get back to you on the pics. There were no leaks the last heavy rain that i used it in, in fact people told me that it rained liked crazy. All I remember is sleeping like a baby.

10:17 p.m. on August 29, 2012 (EDT)
11 reviewer rep
5 forum posts

Here's a
image.jpg
photo from mid July 2012 set up in Cocagne, New Brunswick

July 30, 2014
Quick Reply