About | Blog | Forums | People | Free Newsletter
Trailspace is a product review site for outdoor enthusiasts. Use it to find and share great gear.

For Sale: Big Agnes Copper Spur UL1 with Footprint

7:19 a.m. on August 27, 2012 (EDT)
1,633 reviewer rep
3,962 forum posts

I am selling my Big Agnes Copper Spur UL1 and footprint as stated above. The reason I am selling the tent is that I have no need for it/do not use it.

2011-06-14_18-34-57_498.jpg

So I figured instead of it sitting in storage maybe someone out there might have a use for it.

It really is an awesome tent. 

I have set the price for this tent firmly at $200(usd) which does include shipping(conus.) Once payment is received I will ship the tent. I will also provide tracking info so on and so forth.

Retail on this package(tent + footprint) is around $400 so I believe $200(shipping included) is more than fair(50% off retail.)

There is one small place(about 1") on the fly that has been repaired. The repair was done by Big Agnes(Colorado) under warranty(lifetime.) Other than that the tent is in new/like new condition. 

I am very meticulous about my gear. Needless to say there isn't a spot on it. 

For more info on this tent see the link provided below.

http://www.trailspace.com/gear/big-agnes/copper-spur-ul1/#review23539

The tent is the same as it appears in the review.

I typically do not use paypal(can't remember how to get back into the account lol) so I would prefer a money order as my first option of payment. 

If interested please feel free to send me a personal message on Trailspace or send me an email at the link provided on my page.

Happy hiking.

4:38 p.m. on August 27, 2012 (EDT)
1,633 reviewer rep
3,962 forum posts

I am going to leave this one posted here until Thursday at midnight. At which time I will post on ebay. 

There are Spurs listed there. The cheapest is at $275. 

12:48 p.m. on August 31, 2012 (EDT)
1,633 reviewer rep
3,962 forum posts

I will also provide confirmation that the repair was made under warranty by BA as well as the booklet that came with the shelter. 

The repair that was done on the fly is actually quite small:

(Outer side of fly w/measurement)

image.jpg

(Inside of fly)

image.jpg

Warranty work confirmation from BA:

image.jpg

Paperwork with tent:

image.jpg

Other than the repair(minimal) that was done above there is not a mark on this tent. 

Also keep in mind that this was the last run of this model before they dropped the small pass through door(good for boots, bottles, etc.) and brought in the brighter 2 tone fly. 

The tent has been meticulously cared for. 

This is a great opportunity to own a very nice, roomy, 3 season solo tent that is very close to new condition with the exception of the one repair that was made by BA at 50% off with the matching footprint. 

If you don't want to spend $400 on a new one with a footprint do not pass this opportunity up. 

I am sure you will be quite happy with this purchase and this tent will serve you well for many years to come.

All that I ask is that ya take care of it. 

I did. 

I just don't have a use for it and hate to see such a great tent go to waste and I don't want to go the ebay route. If I do the tent will be priced a bit higher to compensate for their fee. 

Thanks. 

4:18 p.m. on August 31, 2012 (EDT)
1,633 reviewer rep
3,962 forum posts

Sold pending payment.

12:10 p.m. on September 15, 2012 (EDT)
1,633 reviewer rep
3,962 forum posts

Tent has been sold.

1:30 a.m. on October 11, 2012 (EDT)
21 reviewer rep
27 forum posts

WOW that went fast! someone used time travel machine? LOL time stamps?

April 21, 2014
Quick Reply