FS: old North Face VE24 geodesic tent, $25 plus S/H, good condition

2:43 p.m. on August 28, 2012 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
6 forum posts

I recently bought a new North Face VE25 tent to replace my old venerable VE24 tent.  I mostly want to see the VE24 continue to be put to some good camping uses. 

I bought the VE24 in the 1980's at the NF factory in Berkeley and I have used it throughout New England, the ADK's, the Rockies and Alaska---and it has never failed me.   Not a hot weather tent, IMO.   I last used it three years ago at Wonder Lake at Denali National Park for a week.  It kept me dry during two days of torrential rain and wind that sent many others fleeing the Wonder Lake campsite on the morning National Park bus with wet gear and wet clothes.

I want to see it get some more use with a "good home".  Will sell for $25 plus S/H costs by FedEX Ground to the lower 48 states.  (Probably about $20.)  Paypal payment preferred. 

This tent has had its floor recoated two or three times.  Other small repairs made. It's somewhat faded but still in sound condition.  Zippers all work.   I would not take this onto summit climbs in the Alaska Range, but it still has good life in it and it is a terrific winter tent.   The four poles are as new. Fly is in good condition. The VE24 has a main entrance with two smaller tunnel vents that can be used as a 'tight' entrance or for ventilation,  a full flysheet that covers the tent to the floor, with 2 short poles that held the fly slightly away from the entrance door.

Old catalog listing for the VE24 is below.

image.jpg

10:01 p.m. on August 28, 2012 (EDT)
REVIEW CORPS
973 reviewer rep
598 forum posts

Would you be able to ship to Canada? If so, I will take it. PM sent, top right of the home page.

1:06 a.m. on August 29, 2012 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
6 forum posts

Answer coming by PM...

4:58 p.m. on August 29, 2012 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
6 forum posts

VE24 tent is now sold to a Trailspace member from Washington state.  Thanks for everyone's inquiries.   -Bob

11:07 p.m. on October 4, 2012 (EDT)
8 reviewer rep
1 forum posts

I still have my VE24 also bought in 1980s and is still doing great. Last weekend went camping with BSA and it rained most of the time. The tent was perfectly dry inside. Now I am looking for a little bigger tent. Will go with NF for sure. Glad your "seasoned" one found a new home. Would hate to retire a good tent. HAve fun camping.

Gosia

8:27 p.m. on October 10, 2012 (EDT)
28 reviewer rep
12 forum posts

Thanks for posting that old Ad.  I have a VE 24 and was never sure what it is. Now I know.

I will be keeping mine as it's just way too cool, and it holds me and two dogs. Hard to pick which two.

Al

3:58 p.m. on October 12, 2012 (EDT)
200 reviewer rep
4,075 forum posts

Wow, thats a great price for such a great tent! I had one I bought in 1979 and used for many years. North Face stood behind that tents garrenty very well. I had a 4 foot snow fall in Yosemite collapse it and break/bend the poles and tear the rainfly in the spring of 1980 and they replced the poles and rainfly free. A grizzly bear in Wyomings Gros Ventre (Grow-Vont) range tore it up for me in 1996. I donated it to the Grand Canyon Hostel in Flagstaff AZ that Fall.

I also had a Mtn 25 tent for a short while in the early 2000s but sold it as I decided it was too heavy for me anymore to pack. Very roomy tho.

1:19 p.m. on October 24, 2012 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
13 forum posts

Possible sale yet?
I want to buy.

2:33 p.m. on October 24, 2012 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
1,236 forum posts

sold

July 28, 2014
Quick Reply