Is there a lot of interest in Used Pulk Sleds

5:41 p.m. on September 12, 2012 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
2 forum posts

image.jpg
Hi all, I purchased a few Used Mountainsmith Backcountry Sleds. Kifaru now produces the exact sled today. I got one for myself and a friend for this winter in Colorado. So I'm left with a few and wanted to find out if they are sought after. Go to Kifaru's website and look under Sleds for best description.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated, Thanks Solarrob

10:49 p.m. on September 12, 2012 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
105 forum posts

Excellent gear sled!  Your sleds must have the red cover if they are of the Mountainsmith era.  Do you have the Armadillo or the Expedition models?  Do they have the rear brake assembly?  Actual pictures would help. 

9:54 a.m. on September 13, 2012 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
2 forum posts

They are Mountainsmith era with white cover, Used military Armadillo type sleds. That is what Kifaru told me when I visited them.  No rear brake assembly. I will upload some pics later today. Thanks for the post karmantra.

2:26 a.m. on September 14, 2012 (EDT)
38 reviewer rep
1,765 forum posts

I bet there would be. A friend of mine has one and they are great sleds. One site you might advertise them on is www.wintertrekking.com a site for winter campers who pull pulks and sleds loaded with traditional gear. Many of them use tobaggans, but for some trips, the Kifaru/Mountainsmith might spark some interest.

5:15 p.m. on September 15, 2012 (EDT)
43 reviewer rep
119 forum posts

How much do you want for 1?? Shipping will be determined later I know..

3:04 p.m. on September 18, 2012 (EDT)
REVIEW CORPS
1,861 reviewer rep
1,325 forum posts

I would be interested. What are you wanting to sell them for?

8:25 p.m. on October 12, 2012 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
3 forum posts

Looks like solarrob has sold them all. He had them advertised on GearTrade.

And this might be where they came from: govliquidation /auction/view?auctionId=5597981

I guess I am going to have to register and see if the 10th Mountain Division up the road in Watertown lists any.

December 25, 2014
Quick Reply