Scarpa Mont Blanc GTX Boots FOR SALE

5:34 p.m. on March 5, 2013 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
1 forum posts

I bought these boots new in 2012 to replace my clunky old double boots. They are men's size 12/46/11 (US/EU/UK). I have only used them once, on a trip into the Winds; they were great on approach, but they argued with my toes on any steep/technical terrain. They are lovely boots, beautifully made, great feel and I found them secure on all types of terrain. They are warm, stable on/off trail with a big pack (as you'd guess), and they were great crampon platforms. I was able to burn up miles on the big trails and approach paths; but on the steep class 4/5 stuff something about my feet, specifically my big toes, did not work with them.

Just in case this sounds confusing - the boots were awesome as long as I was using most of the sole - when edging up rock or front pointing they killed my toes. Sadly, these were not activities I was able to test in the miserable flatlands I am currently living in. Just FYI, I am now using La Sportiva Nepals and they fit me like slippers.

The boots are in excellent condition. If Scarpas fit you well then this should be a deal. I am happy to send pictures if you are interested. Thanks!!

July 25, 2014
Quick Reply