F/S Scarpa SL M3 men's backpacking boots sz 46BX/US 12(made in Italy)

12:34 p.m. on March 24, 2013 (EDT)
1,631 reviewer rep
3,962 forum posts

As some of you may be aware I have recently experienced a growth spurt in regards to the size of my feet.

Here is a thread on that subject if you are interested(or bored:)

http://www.trailspace.com/forums/gear-selection/topics/141235.html#141235

With that being said I find myself on the search for a new pair of boots to fit my flippers. 

So I am selling my sz 46/US 12 BX last(standard width) Scarpa SL M3s which I love but cannot use. 

The boots are in great shape with quite a bit of life left on the tread as can be seen in the photos below.

Scarpa-SL-M3-006.jpg
Scarpa-SL-M3-003.jpg
Scarpa-SL-M3-012.jpg
Scarpa-SL-M3-007.jpg
Scarpa-SL-M3-011.jpg

As you can see the boots are in really great shape. They are a 2.8mm full leather, non-goretex, Italian made boot that is capable of handling multiple resoles(Littleway Stitch) which they have many miles to go before they need their first. 

I have treated these boots with Obenauf's Heave Duty LP since the initial purchase. 

There are no defects, gouges, or any issues with these boots whatsoever. I am pretty meticulous with my gear.

They are just a little dusty. The lighter spots in the leather are from crampon use which they will take a C1(Grivel G10, Kahtoola KTS, etc.) 

I am setting the price on these @ $100(usd) firm + ship(you pick how) which I believe is more than fair for a pair of boots that were $250+ new with tons of life left on them.

The boots will come in the original box, with original insoles, and all literature that came with when I originally purchased them.

This boot model is on it's way out the door because Scarpa recently released the SL Activ and this boot in this size is not available on their site other than in the wide version.

If interested please feel to contact me via pm here or post a response on the listing and I will get back to ya.

Happy hiking

-Rick

8:53 p.m. on March 24, 2013 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
606 forum posts

Im kinda intetested Rick, what size shoe did you wear when not hikin? I like a snugger fit than some, I usually only go a half size bigger than my street shoes. Are they a true 12 or a little larger than a street 12? I wear 12's on the street, so would usually go a half size larger, but some hikin boots in 12 work for me on the trails.

9:05 p.m. on March 24, 2013 (EDT)
1,631 reviewer rep
3,962 forum posts

I would sat that they are more of a true 12. I need to go up to a 46.6/12.5 with my footwear maybe even a 47/13.

I am not really adept at knowing the difference between street and true sizing. I just know that none of my size 12 footwear fit me except for a pair of Teva Omniums which I have had for 4yrs now and a pair of worn Timberland Pro steel toes.

Even my Lowas are tight.

This is going to be quite expensive. The LaSportiva Pamir is available in a 12.5 so I may go that route. I tried a pair on and they feel pretty good. They also have a wider forefoot.

My foot has somewhat increased in volume as well. So if you were to need a wide I would advise against these. 

All of my footwear is a size 12US. 

11:36 a.m. on April 7, 2013 (EDT)
1,631 reviewer rep
3,962 forum posts

Anyone interested? I saw a pair on Geartrade for $130 a few weeks back that were beat on way worse than these. 

I will include a free pair of OR Salamander Gaiters that are just not for me. 

They keep your socks dry, and keep the debris out of your boots but they just are not my cup o' tea:

I reviewed them here:

http://www.trailspace.com/gear/outdoor-research/salamander-gaiters/#review24889 

They are in the same shape as seen in the photos in the review. 

3:50 p.m. on April 21, 2013 (EDT)
1,631 reviewer rep
3,962 forum posts

Boots have been sold.

October 30, 2014
Quick Reply