K2 Dana Design Longbed External Frame Pack for Sale!

4:36 p.m. on May 14, 2013 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
7 forum posts

I am selling this Large black K2 Dana Design Longbed pack... asking $200 plus shipping. This pack is in great shape just not getting enough use. 

Here is some info directly from the website:

"Longbed

Sizes: Regular, Large.
Capacity: *6,100 cu. in./ 99 litres
Weight: *7 lb. 13 oz./ 3.2 kg.

Need a framepack that provides a place for everything? Our Longbed gives you organizational flexibility. Toploading and panel loading options provide packing and unpacking alternatives. The LoadMaster frame provides the comfort of active framing with the advantages of a rigid frame. Forget about load distribution worries, the Longbed carries well no matter how it's organized. A top choice of the flexibly minded, anal retentive, packing impaired, load hauling maniac."

craigslist-pack-1.jpg

craigslist-pack-2.jpg
craigslist-pack-3.jpg

10:11 p.m. on May 14, 2013 (EDT)
54 reviewer rep
19 forum posts

<Intrested. 
Are the sizes regular belt, large frame/ torso?

11:24 p.m. on May 14, 2013 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
7 forum posts

Hello,

In the picture you can see the size large which I though meant for both the belt and frame but I am not sure? I looked it over and could not find any other sizes listed do you happen to know where it would say another size? Sorry I am not more helpful. 

12:50 a.m. on May 15, 2013 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
7 forum posts

Okay, so after looking a little longer I believe that the belt is Large and can be adjusted if needed. And the frame is reg. or large adjustable as well. I am pretty sure that is why the website listed the sizes regular/large as "the same" frame as well. I can see where a pin comes out on the frame and it makes slide adjustments so this is the conclusion I have come to. My husband is about 6ft. average build and it fits him great. Hope this helps! :) 

11:22 a.m. on May 15, 2013 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
10 forum posts

From my experience regular is more like a small-medium, the large is more like medium-large.

There is sizing info in the listing on the terraframe thats on eBay now.

Hope this helps.

11:33 a.m. on May 15, 2013 (EDT)
54 reviewer rep
19 forum posts

The frame should probably fit me either way
I have a 30 to 32 inch waist. That is kind of a worry. 

http://web.archive.org/web/20021215232045/http://www.danadesign.com/packs/pack_fit.htm

1:13 p.m. on May 15, 2013 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
7 forum posts

Hmm I see what you mean... My husband is a 34 to 36... It does adjust but it's hard to know how well it would fit you until you try it on??

5:23 p.m. on May 15, 2013 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
398 forum posts

If the belt is a large, it is far too big for a 30-32 waist.  I have a 34-35" waist, and the large belts are too big for me.  It'll meet your hip bones in all the wrong ways and not be comfortable at all, as well as not functioning with weight transfer at an optimum.  The tips of the belt will meet, and you will not be able to pull it snug.  You really do need a medium belt.  There's no getting around that.

You can find the belt size tucked behind the lumbar pad/bump.  You will have to reach over the lumbar pad and behind it to pull two large velcro straps up and forward.  It's good velcro, so you have to pull relatively hard to get it loose.  You'll be able to see the entire belt that way.  You can also wedge your fingers between the lumbar pad/bump and the sides of the belt and maybe find a little white tag with the size on it.  It's there.  It's just hidden by the lumbar pad.

8:50 p.m. on May 15, 2013 (EDT)
54 reviewer rep
19 forum posts

I've been looking for one of these for a while, hopefully she will check the size and it will fit :/ 

^ And thanks for the super helpful information. I really appreciate it :D

10:33 p.m. on May 15, 2013 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
7 forum posts

I found the tag and the belt is a large.

9:08 a.m. on May 16, 2013 (EDT)
54 reviewer rep
19 forum posts

Hell, I'd have to have a medium belt :(

GLWS. 

11:22 p.m. on June 12, 2013 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
4 forum posts

Is this pack still available?

12:50 p.m. on June 13, 2013 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
7 forum posts

Yes, it is.

7:49 a.m. on June 14, 2013 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
4 forum posts

Sorry, I just purchased a ILBE pack on sale. Good luck.

3:17 p.m. on June 18, 2013 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
7 forum posts

The pack is sold!

December 17, 2014
Quick Reply