WANTED: Tent Displays (miniature-type seen in stores)

11:00 p.m. on July 10, 2013 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
20 forum posts

Hello, everyone.  Depending on the store, sometimes I see miniature tents on a high shelf collecting dust, sitting on a piece of plastic grass carpet to emulate a diorama, or strung up from the ceiling and spinning aimlessly to represent various models of tents for sale in the store.

Well, I would like to buy one or two of these for the grandchildren and their dolls, etc. (and probably the cats, too), but every time I ask a store manager about finding them for purchase they either say I must contact the tent manufacturers/distributors, or else the managers say they don't know where to get them.  The ones who say they don't know often look like the cat who ate the mouse!  What's up with that, I wonder?  Is it a secret?

A few attempts at contacting tent companies went nowhere fast.  And of course, for my intended purposes, I don't care if the tent model is current or not (preferably not, as that would make it less desirable for a manufacturer or store to keep).

Anyone out there with a helpful hint?  Thanks in advance for anything helpful!

TF

2:02 a.m. on July 11, 2013 (EDT)
225 reviewer rep
4,371 forum posts

I have seen these tents you are talking about in stores and always thought they were pretty cool looking. Interesting conversation pieces or collectors items as well as doll tents or what I thought of as pet tents like for a cat.

Good luck finding them.

8:14 a.m. on July 11, 2013 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
20 forum posts

http://www.minidisplaytents.com/

With a little perseverance, I found where to find them.

10:14 a.m. on July 11, 2013 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
20 forum posts

For future reference, here's what the Coleman Company had to say:

"Thank you for contacting Coleman. I would be more than happy to assist you today.

The miniature Coleman Tents currently seen in stores are made only for retail accounts under special order. The tents are sent directly to the store and cost about the same as full size models. Because of their size, the miniatures must be made by hand and cannot be mass-produced. No extras of the miniatures are made. The miniature tents are not sent back to Coleman but are the property of the stores. Some stores may sell the miniatures at the end of the year. You might check with the store manager and see if a purchase is possible

If you need further information, please visit us online at http://www.coleman.com.

Thank you."

December 28, 2014
Quick Reply