For Sale: Sierra Designs Heritage 60/40 parka mint*

7:20 p.m. on September 23, 2013 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
8 forum posts

I was given this Sierra Designs 60/40 Heritage mountain parka two years ago and have never used it other than to try it on. Has its original very fancy big leather hang tag. This went for $350 on the SD website in 2011. I'm asking less than half that, $150...It is "Made in the USA" with all the authentic vintage detailing. Their website called this the "Short 60/40," but I don't know why because it fits me just as long as the original SD 60/40 I owned back in the 70s. I am medium build, 5' 8" and this is a slightly too-large fit for me. The label says it is a size Large. You can find this year's version of this parka on the SD website, called the "Short Parka." for $352; that's where you can see pictures of it.... Note: I called the condition Mint* because when I tried it on I found that the cuffs did not close tightly enough with the factory velcro strips, so the arms slid down to my fingertips. So I took the parka to a professional seamstress, who added velcro, so now the sleeves close up tightly over anything from your bare wrist to a bulky ski glove. The picture also gives you the color, which is the brown you see exterior, and the classic kinda beige double layer 60/40 on the upper body and hood, with the below the waist section lined with a darker tafetta. Somewhere I have more pictures but couldn't find them tonight.
Sierra-Designs-sleeve-w-glove_2011-BJ.jp

11:24 p.m. on September 25, 2013 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
8 forum posts

here is a picture of my son wearing the parka tonight. He is 5' 10" and medium build. The sleeves are long enough to fit someone with even longer arms than his.
SD-parka-w-Davin-wearing-2013-09-25.jpg

July 28, 2014
Quick Reply