For Sale: Sierra Designs Heritage 60/40 parka mint*

7:20 p.m. on September 23, 2013 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
8 forum posts

I was given this Sierra Designs 60/40 Heritage mountain parka two years ago and have never used it other than to try it on. Has its original very fancy big leather hang tag. This went for $350 on the SD website in 2011. I'm asking less than half that, $150...It is "Made in the USA" with all the authentic vintage detailing. Their website called this the "Short 60/40," but I don't know why because it fits me just as long as the original SD 60/40 I owned back in the 70s. I am medium build, 5' 8" and this is a slightly too-large fit for me. The label says it is a size Large. You can find this year's version of this parka on the SD website, called the "Short Parka." for $352; that's where you can see pictures of it.... Note: I called the condition Mint* because when I tried it on I found that the cuffs did not close tightly enough with the factory velcro strips, so the arms slid down to my fingertips. So I took the parka to a professional seamstress, who added velcro, so now the sleeves close up tightly over anything from your bare wrist to a bulky ski glove. The picture also gives you the color, which is the brown you see exterior, and the classic kinda beige double layer 60/40 on the upper body and hood, with the below the waist section lined with a darker tafetta. Somewhere I have more pictures but couldn't find them tonight.

11:24 p.m. on September 25, 2013 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
8 forum posts

here is a picture of my son wearing the parka tonight. He is 5' 10" and medium build. The sleeves are long enough to fit someone with even longer arms than his.

November 28, 2015
Quick Reply