FS: Coleman 40 degree sleeping bag

1:04 a.m. on November 6, 2013 (EST)
200 reviewer rep
4,133 forum posts

Coleman-polyester-40-degree-bag.jpg

This is a Coleman Polyester sleeping bag rated to 40 degrees

Its 32"x 82"(81 cm x 208 cm) weighs 2 lb 10 oz (1.19 kg)

Has a baffle strip down the right hand zipper, is bright orange and grey as seen above

Its like new , used just a week no tears, zipper works like new. Stuffs small.

Asking $30 obo plus shipping

Personal checks okay, Postal money orders

Looking to sell ASAP

8:59 a.m. on November 6, 2013 (EST)
TOP 10 REVIEWER
1,309 reviewer rep
363 forum posts

Hey Gary...can you provide a little more detail? I rarely use the rating to determine how warm a bag is...could you measure the loft of the bag on one side? To do this just open the bag all the way and place it flat on the floor or a table and use a simple ruler or measuring tape. Also...do you have further information about the type of insulation?...short or continuous fibers? Finally...what fabrics were used in the construction of the shell and liner? Thanks.

4:43 p.m. on November 6, 2013 (EST)
200 reviewer rep
4,133 forum posts

The loft is only a couple to a few inches. The insulation only says:

IMG_1207.jpg

Click on the image to open in a new window enlarged to read better.

The shell and liner appear to be standard nylon?

6:15 p.m. on November 6, 2013 (EST)
TOP 10 REVIEWER
1,309 reviewer rep
363 forum posts

Gary...the lining and the shell are both polyester according to the tag. Also...the tag says that the fill-weight is 2lbs 10oz (that's only the weight of the insulation...not the total weight of the bag...and that's on the heavy-side for a 40 degree synthetic bag). Do you have a digital scale so that you can get the total bag-weight? I think you're selling it for a great price...but the bag is probably going to be too heavy for my purposes...though getting the total weight might help others who are interested. Thanks for the picture...really helpful!

7:23 p.m. on November 6, 2013 (EST)
200 reviewer rep
4,133 forum posts

No, I don't have a digital scale, maybe I can put it on one at the post office in a stuff sack. Thanks for the inquiry!

My 0 degree bag weighs 3+ lbs and its goose down. Heavy for a down bag compared to my last one which was a Golite Featherlight bag rated to 20 and weighed 9 oz. I used it 275 nights a year for about 7 years. It was becoming a down squirter, I would wake up covered in down feathers, gave the bag to a fellow tramp on the streets of Tucson last spring. 

I bought the Coleman bag just to get me to where I am for my ride from Tucson to here. Bought the zero bag this summer.

I would be willing to trade it also for something outdoorsy? 

10:59 a.m. on November 9, 2013 (EST)
200 reviewer rep
4,133 forum posts

Weighs what it says on the bag, weighed it on a postal scale.. I will lower it to $20. Got three weeks before I head south to Tucson and the SE Arizona area.

August 28, 2014
Quick Reply