F.S. - Mtn. Hardwear down sleeping bag

8:20 a.m. on September 28, 2004 (EDT)
(Guest)

a.k.a. Kola, TM, Tom

Mountain Hardwear Tioga down sleeping bag; 600 fill. +5 deg; fully baffled w/ side block; draft tube and insulated collar; taffeta shell; used two times, like new; SIZE: REGULAR; RIGHT ZIP: COLOR: purple. $150

12:11 p.m. on September 28, 2004 (EDT)
(Guest)

a.k.a. elisjudge

Tom - I am interested in hearing about both bags (Marmot and Mt Hardware). How long is each one and do you have current pictures of them? WHat is the weight of each one. I am 5'6" and am looking for a warm winter bag for backpacking.

Thanks,
Liz

7:29 p.m. on September 28, 2004 (EDT)
(Guest)

a.k.a. Kola, TM, Tom

Hi, Liz:

As for your questions:

(1) Mtn. Hardwear Tioga: wgt. 3lb 5oz (per mfg. hang tag); this is my wife's bag - Linda is 5'8" and it fits her pretty well, you would have a bit of extra leg and foot room but if you wear clothes or put some clothes in foot section I do not think you would lose any noticeable amount of warmth, especially since bag has down-filled collar that you can close around your shoulders to help retain heat; bag also has ground level side seam to also help retain heat; bag seems to be pretty compressible and Linda fit it easily in compartment at bottom of her pack; generally, a regular length fits people up to 5'10"

Both times Linda used the bag was on winter backpacking trips with temps. hovering around 0 deg. She was very toasty inside tent and did not wear any extra clothing other than fleece hat and Capilene top and bottom - which she wears all the time, even in summer, go figure!

Bag has lifetime warranty that would appear to be available to you, as well, since hang tag does not state any exclusion for 2nd owner.

Don't know what else to say about Tioga. It is a nice bag
with usual Mtn. Hardwear quality. This is not a "high-tech" bag but appears to be a very durable, functional and quality sleeping bag.

(2) Marmot Alba: wgt. about 4.5 lbs. (my guess); this is my winter bag and fits up to 6'4" - I'm 6'1" so I am outside the regular size limit - I have extra leg and foot room but does not seem to be a problem as to heat loss.

I've used this bag in seriously cold temps = < -10deg and stayed reasonably warm so I think this bag would cover any conditions other than full-on high altitude expeditions.

Bag stuffs reasonably small but I used a Dana Terraplane pack so I could accomodate it and still take all other things I needed. As with any bag with this much down, it is going to take up some room but I suspect you already know that.

Bag is left zip - I forgot to mention this in ad.

As with Tioga, lifetime warranty seems to be available to you.

What else - this is a quality bag with nice, functional features, no "FUFU" stuff and should last a long, long time.

For what it is worth, we take exceptionally good care of all our gear. There is absolutely nothing wrong with either bag. If the specs are what you are looking for, I think you would be well-pleased with either one.

As for pics, I can try to take one if you wish - be prepared, I know little to nothing about "e-stuff" and don't know what will happen. Maybe we'll explode!!!!

Thanks for you interest. Hope we can go forward.

12:05 p.m. on September 30, 2004 (EDT)
(Guest)

a.k.a. elisjudge

Tom,

The MT Hardware bag seems the best fit for me given my size. Please respond to me in email at elisabeth_judge@verizon.net on moving forward. I am looking to use the bag Oct 9th. Is the bag rectangular or mummy style? Is the bag designed for women or is it the unisex type :o) Which side is the zipper? Where is the bag located?

Sorry for more questions

12:17 p.m. on September 30, 2004 (EDT)
(Guest)

a.k.a. Elisabeth Judge

Tom,

I don't know if my last message to you went anywhere as I can't see it. I responded to your reply back to me... Please respond back to me at elisabeth_judge@verizon.net as I am interested in moving forward with the Mt Hardware bag after a few more questions. I would be interested in hearing about other items that your wife is selling - I am 5'6 size samll or med (dress size 6-8)

Questions on Bag - Is the bag designed for women or is it a uni-sex bag? Is it rectangualr or mummy? What side is the zipper on? When was the bag purchased?

Thank you,
Elisabeth Judge

8:06 a.m. on October 1, 2004 (EDT)
(Guest)

a.k.a. elisjudge

Tom,

Trying again to reach you... Yes I am interested and would like to further the conversation. - Please email me that you got this message at elisabeth_judge@verizon.net as two other messages seem to have not reached you.

8:10 a.m. on October 1, 2004 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
234 reviewer rep
949 forum posts

Hi Elisabeth-

If you haven't already, you can contact Tom directly by email by clicking on his name at the top of one of his messages.

-Dave
Trailspace.com

3:11 p.m. on October 2, 2004 (EDT)
(Guest)

SOLD

November 28, 2014
Quick Reply