looking for vintage gear

5:12 p.m. on September 9, 2006 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
5 forum posts

Hi -- I'm looking for various vintage backpacking and mountaineering gear when things were still made in the USA. 1960's -1980's era, The Sierra Designs tepee type tents, early Trailwise tents, backpacks, sleeping bags, clothing and that sort of thing. If you have some of that stuff which is taking up space in your closet and want to sell it let me know. Thanks for

12:17 a.m. on September 18, 2006 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
4 forum posts

I just rediscovered a 25-year-old bivvy bag that I barely used, then put away. It's an Early Winters Gore-tex bag that acutally looks pretty modern, not obviously "vintage." I planned to sell it on eBay. Interested?

8:09 p.m. on September 22, 2006 (EDT)
(Guest)

I was just thinking about trying Ebay when I came across your post. I have the following items:

1970's class - 5 Mountaineering Equipage pack, Cordura, about 3400 cubic inches

1980 Lowe Expedition pack, Rare forest green 11 oz. Cordura, 4300 cubic inches

1980 Easy Hikers, size 11

Original Peak 1 stove

I'm not sure I'm going to let go of the Lowe just yet. I'm headed to Sequoia this weekend to tryout a new pack.

10:14 a.m. on September 30, 2006 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
2 forum posts

I'm looking for new or used Optimus or Primus stoves, preferably the SVEA 123 models (in various generations) and the older brass stoves. If anyone has one they want to part with, please feel free to email me a few pictures at eddieaikau1978@hotmail.com and we can do some negotiation. Thanks.

11:10 a.m. on October 10, 2006 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
1,075 forum posts

Hi Bob,

I just sent you an email as well, but I have the following items for sale:

North Face Oval Intention - the first geodesic dome made by the North Face; bombproof expedition tent.

Winter weight, polarguard Snow Lion mummy bag.

Early Winters Light Dimension gore tex tent.

Camp Trails external frame backpack - vintage, all metal hardware.

Jansport Framesack - travel backpack, early model with leather, not nylon, bottom.

Eddie Bauer external frame backpack - Eddie Bauer packbag with a leather bottom mounted on a Jansport frame.

Jansport D-3 external frame backpack - the type with the hip belt supports made of tubing versus the later versions with the flat metal piece.

Mountain parkas in sizes large and extra large by Camp 7, Class 5 and Alpine Designs.

There's more in the basement if my memory would kick in.

8:32 p.m. on October 10, 2006 (EDT)
38 reviewer rep
1,757 forum posts

Matthew, I have seen a few Sveas for sale on eBay. BTW, curious about your email addy. I was living in Hawaii when Eddie disappeared off the Hokulea off Molokai.

10:41 p.m. on October 15, 2006 (EDT)
3 reviewer rep
52 forum posts

I have a patagucci superalpine jacket in XL, and a torre in XXL both excellent as new.
the alpine has polyester to resist UV degradation and wter abosrption. the kevlar is a ripstop grid to prevent tears from spreading.

6:20 p.m. on October 18, 2006 (EDT)
(Guest)

a.k.a. Bruce Easley

I have an external frame backpack made by Mountain Equipment, Inc. out of Fresno, CA. It is cordura and was good stuff "back in the day" about 1974. Plenty of cubic inches. It has a few mouse nibbles from the overnights, but I still use it occasionally. Let me know if it interests you.

6:44 p.m. on October 25, 2006 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
4 forum posts

Would be interested in the JanSport d3 backpack ,if would please get in touch. Thanks Russ

8:51 a.m. on November 9, 2006 (EST)
(Guest)

I have 2 down class-5 mountaineering sleeping bags in like new condition. 1 blue 36oz. 1 red 34oz.
Please let me know
Thanks Donald

July 23, 2014
Quick Reply