About | Blog | Forums | People | Free Newsletter
Trailspace is a product review site for outdoor enthusiasts. Use it to find and share great gear.

Sunbird External Framepack--one out there?

11:05 p.m. on September 18, 2006 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
105 forum posts

Looking for a early 70s Sunbird external frame pack made by Wayne Gregory in California. Must be in excellent shape, med/lge, no rips or stains, have vintage gear to trade, or buy outright. Also looking for Kelty BB5 external med/lge, Sierra Designs 60/40 Parka med/lge, and a North Face Dandelion Tent, complete, and a Borde Bomb stove, complete & functional. Thanks!

12:21 p.m. on September 28, 2006 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
1 forum posts

HEY THERE'S AN ORIGINAL BRAND NEW IN BOX BORDE BOMB ON EBAY WITH A BUY IT NOW OF 150...ITEM NUMBER 280032762369 AD STATES THIS IS NOT A JAPANESE OR EUROPEAN COPY IT'S AN ORIGINAL NEVER BEEN USED.

GOOD LUCK! I'M SHOPPING FOR AN SVEA STOVE, RAN ACROSS YOUR AD + THOUGHT I'D GIVE YOU THAT LEAD

5:12 p.m. on September 28, 2006 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
105 forum posts

Thanks for the info!

1:21 p.m. on September 29, 2006 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
1,073 forum posts

The Borde Bomb stoves show up on ebay frequently and generally sell for $100+. I lucked out and got mine for about $80. A fellow in Germany still makes the Borde stoves, just like the old ones, and sells them for about $100 plus shipping from Germany. Be that as it may, there is no reason to spend much over $100 on ebay and yet many folks do.

I got my stove recently and have not had a chance to use it yet. I do have a Sigg Tourist kit specifically designed for the stove and that should be a fun combo to use.

2:55 p.m. on September 30, 2006 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
105 forum posts

Alan: Sometimes you just get 'lucky'--dropped by a garage sale because I happened to glance at an old external propped up against a tree. Pack turned out to be junk, but got to looking at some other items, and there it was--a box with a borde bomb stove inside, complete, apparently used (soot around the burner) but looking excellent, for $10! Didn't even dicker, just paid the $10, and left with a great deal! Now if I can just locate that Sunbird...

7:45 p.m. on December 18, 2006 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
105 forum posts

The search is over--finally got my Sunbird!

April 19, 2014
Quick Reply