About | Blog | Forums | People | Free Newsletter
Trailspace is a product review site for outdoor enthusiasts. Use it to find and share great gear.

Wanted: External frame pack for boy scout

11:58 a.m. on February 5, 2007 (EST)
(Guest)

Outfitting a boy scout. He needs an external frame pack - adjustible, lightly used, reasonably priced

Thanks.

11:29 p.m. on February 15, 2007 (EST)
(Guest)

Just thought you would like to know that Backcountry.com has Jansport carson and rainier externals on sale for $26.00 and $29.00 ! I could not believe it , but its true. This would be a great pack that is NEW for your scout. I hope this helps !

12:28 p.m. on February 19, 2007 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
14 forum posts

You can also try eBay. There is not a lot of competition for the smaller, external frames that a new scout would use.

12:27 p.m. on February 28, 2007 (EST)
(Guest)

Matt,

I know that this is a late response, but I thought that you'd appreciate that I too found the Backcountry.com sale on Jansport carson and rainier externals on sale for $26.00 and $29.00. I then ordered the Rainier for $29.00. As Backcountry also had free shipping on orders over $50, I added a dry bag for a total of about $52.

We have already received both the dry bag and pack, and my son is thrilled with his new equipment. Backcountry was great to deal with.

Thank you for your help.

Kyle M.

April 19, 2014
Quick Reply