Wilderness Camping Magazines

12:33 a.m. on February 16, 2007 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
1 forum posts

For Sale: Wilderness Camping Magazine

Wilderness Camping magazine was published in the 1970s. This was during the time of heightened environmental and wilderness awareness. The magazine did not survive but it legacy and statement to those who love to camp in the wild areas of the US, Canada, North America, and the entire earth remain.

This set of Wilderness Camping includes the first issue, Vol 1, No. 1 published in April 1971 and extends through Vol 7, No. 6 published in April 1978. This is 7 years, 38 issues plus 4 duplicate issues. It is my believe that this set is complete but I cannot be certain because I do not have a record of all issues published. How much beyond 1978 it was published I don't know. How many subscribers, and therefore how many issues are stored in peoples closets, I don't know. What I do know is that when you talk to people about this magazine, many have never heard of it. You certainly don't see it advertised very often on eBay. When you Google for it to magazine dealers who deal with old magazines you don't find a lot of information.

This is a rare opportunity to own a piece of wilderness history in the form of possession of 38 issues of Wilderness Camping. I have a list of all 38 issues and their condition. Thank you very much.

Thom Votaw
vtombo@aol.com

10:32 a.m. on February 17, 2007 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
3 forum posts

Greetings,
I'm in the process of making an inventory over 700 old camping catalogs and magazines and came scross some Wilderness Camping mags through 1979. The last issue I found is Dec./Jan 1979 Vol.8 #4. Also found Backpacking Journal Mags. How much are you asking for the mags?
cypod

July 26, 2014
Quick Reply