TrailWise mummy style down bag is looking for a new home

11:59 a.m. on May 15, 2007 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
2 forum posts

Greetings!

I have a classic Trailwise down bag I'd like to sell. I haven't used it in ages and it needs to be with someone who will appreciate it. It has always been stored loose, is in excellent condition, and is quite light--I'm not sure how to get an accurate weight on something that light.

My question: How does one determine a fair price for such an item? I'm not keen on EBay but that is an option I would keep open.

Any and all comments on the best way to move this bag are most welcome.

Cheers,

Bill J

11:20 p.m. on May 15, 2007 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
105 forum posts

Dear Bill: Need more description of the bag--color, size, chevron or straight baffled, nylon or metal zippers, left or right zip, ounces of goose down, temperature rating, loft of bag in inches, narrow or wide cut mummy.

5:37 p.m. on May 16, 2007 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
2 forum posts

Sleeping bag:

Bright "electric" blue color

The bag was fluffed up, dropped on the floor and allowed to settle. It measures 86 inches long, about 27" at its widest. Loft measures about 7.5 inches (about 90% of my measurements) with some higher measurements and none lower than 7" and very few of those. It weighs 57 oz. total...3 lbs 9 oz.

It has Chevron style baffling, nylon right side zipper that goes full length.

Narrow or wide mummy style? No idea how that is defined. I was comfortable in this bag at 6' tall and 190 lbs.

Oz of down: no idea.

Temp. rating? No idea. The bag was purchased as a "3-seasons" bag. With a full zipper, you can hang enough out to be comfortable in warm weather. I have fond memories of being at about 10,000 feet in the Beartooth Mts. and one morning waking up and very carefully flipping a very thin shell of frost and ice off the outside of the bag. I was surprised at how comfortable I was inside. I would not recommend it for winter camping.

Anything else?

Bill J

2:48 p.m. on May 17, 2007 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
105 forum posts

Bill: Sounds like a bag in excellent shape! You could try Craigslist first, but you might want to try it on Ebay--with good pictures & description, I wouldn't be surprised to see it go for more than $100--I'd be interested, but I have 2 now.

July 28, 2014
Quick Reply