FS: Hilleberg Allak 4-Season 2-P Tent (2008 model)

11:41 a.m. on December 7, 2008 (EST)
20 reviewer rep
14 forum posts

I have a green Allak for sale @ $545 with free shipping. It was used once by previous owner's claim and I personally have nevered used it...except to setup it up a few times. I believe the first owner cut the 6 guylines in half for individual use...what a mess...I tied them back together thou. A couple of the V-stakes are bent and 1 is missing but the 6 square pegs are OK so I will include 6 Hilleberg ProPegs (7.5" long, 1/16" diameter and ~.6oz). Comes with tent & sack, poles & sack, stakes & sack, and guylines & runners attached to tent...but no paperwork.

b.gin

2:29 p.m. on January 12, 2009 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
8 forum posts

i offer $272.50 (50%) -- what do you think?

thanks;

js

12:48 p.m. on January 26, 2009 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
8 forum posts

i offer $272.50 (50%) -- what do you think?

thanks;

js

1:01 p.m. on January 26, 2009 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
8 forum posts

bgin put it on ebay for $495.04 (starting bid) with $18 shipping.

3:50 p.m. on January 27, 2009 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
8 forum posts

thanks!

11:46 a.m. on January 29, 2009 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
8 forum posts

i think this is a wonderful web site -- but, i am surprised what people think USED camping equipment is worth. what do you think? i say 50% of the purchase price would be the MAX, but most likely much less!

1:20 p.m. on January 29, 2009 (EST)
20 reviewer rep
14 forum posts

bgin put it on ebay for $495.04 (starting bid) with $18 shipping.

And that's what it sold for (pending payment on 5Feb.)

i think this is a wonderful web site -- but, i am surprised what people think USED camping equipment is worth. what do you think? i say 50% of the purchase price would be the MAX, but most likely much less!

Guess the winner is nuts :) I think your 50% value on used camping equipment is too strict...no consideration on how used, quality of build and materials, manufactor reputation, how old...etc.

b.gin

10:28 a.m. on February 10, 2009 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
8 forum posts

my offer still stands

10:29 p.m. on February 20, 2009 (EST)
20 reviewer rep
14 forum posts

Tent has been SOLD!!!

b.gin

10:05 a.m. on March 30, 2009 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
8 forum posts

glad to hear that you sold the tent -- i am thinking of buying the allak, but your comments make it appear tha it may not be my best option. why didn't you like the tent (e.g., weight, etc) -- do you recommend another (hopefully freestanding) tent?????

11:34 a.m. on March 30, 2009 (EDT)
20 reviewer rep
14 forum posts

glad to hear that you sold the tent -- i am thinking of buying the allak, but your comments make it appear tha it may not be my best option. why didn't you like the tent (e.g., weight, etc) -- do you recommend another (hopefully freestanding) tent?????

At the time I had the Hilleberg Staika and Allak. It was put to me, keep one or the other. I chose the Staika for its supposabley sturdier construction...10mm vs 9mm poles, 1800 vs 1200 kerlon and for its larger floorspace etc. Since car camping is more my thing weight not an issue. Prices last year were (2009) Staika $685 ($745) and Allak $670 ($765) so for me it was pay the extra $15 for a "stronger" roomier tent...althou I did ended up getting the Allak at a far lower price. I think I would be just as happy if I sold the Staika instead of the Allak.

I chose the Hilleberg freestanding tents because they the very few that a fly and inner tent goes up as a single unit...must have for me.

The other I really liked was the Marmot Swallow, darn near a twin to the Staika in specs at half the price. The inner was sealed, fabric over mesh door, windows and vents, so setting up in the rain/snow was no prob. Lottas venting and viewing options. But the fly was massive as to be a pain to put over in the wind by myself. I had to return it thou because the DWR coating gave out an odor offensive to me...I get a similar odor on some DWR coated clothing I've tried out.

b.gin

2:04 p.m. on March 30, 2009 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
8 forum posts

thanks! so it's not that you have a problem with hilleberg tents -- it's that you had too many hilleberg tents! i wish you the best, and, again, thanks for the info!

3:27 p.m. on March 30, 2009 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
1,075 forum posts

I wish I had a problem with owning too many Hilleberg tents and had to deal with the personal agony of deciding which to keep and which to sell.

August 22, 2014
Quick Reply