About | Blog | Forums | People | Free Newsletter
Trailspace is a product review site for outdoor enthusiasts. Use it to find and share great gear.

WTB Walrus Mountain 360 Net Version

1:44 p.m. on February 5, 2009 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
7 forum posts

Hi,

If anyone has one of these, regardless of size, I would be interested. In fact does anyone have the Walrus catalogs from this time. I know there was a solid and a net version. Later, Edgeworks time, I think there were 3 sizes of the solid. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,

David

3:45 p.m. on February 5, 2009 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
223 forum posts

Hi David, I have a Mountain 360/2 with a solid tent body (I think). If you are seriously interested, I could locate it my gear dungeon. I don't have a catalog, but a print out I made lists the specs of the Mountain 360/2,4,&6:

Walrus Mountain 360/2 $275 7.75lbs. 45sq.ft. (+vestibule=55sq.ft.)

360/4 $325 9.66lbs. 60sq.ft. (+vestibule=72sq.ft.)

360/6 $375 11.33lbs. 76sq.ft. (+vestibule=88sq.ft.)

I may also have a MH Batray 4 footprint, but I would have to look.

Jim Walter

5:24 p.m. on February 5, 2009 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
7 forum posts

Wow, that's great info. I really want the net version but maybe we can deal on the solid. And yes please look for the Batray footprint.

7:03 p.m. on February 5, 2009 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
223 forum posts

David, what I have is the solid tent body. The tent has 1 door and 2 windows (with zip shut fabric panels and mesh) as well as a mesh(non zip) top vent. There is a gear loft, 10 stakes(straight), 6 guy lines with adjusters, stake bag(clean). The pole set consists of 3 (8 sections@19") gold anodized aluminum poles and a grouping of 3 ( 3sections@15.25") gold anodized aluminum poles connected by a "rapid hub" connector( a Walrus innovation). The poles are perfect; no kinks, bends, cracks or other flaws. The rain fly is in excellent shape as is the tent body. This means no rips,tears, holes,burns, mildew, or peeling urethane coating. The factory applied seam tape is also undamaged on both the tent and fly. There is no footprint with this tent. There is a pole bag and a stuff bag both of which are clean. Overall the tent is in outstanding condition having been used, but definitely not abused. As with all my gear, it was shaken out and partially dried before being loosely packed; once home it was thoroughly air dried before being loosely stored in a mesh duffle (which will not be included).

I will accept $125 (shipping included) via PayPal for this tent.

The Bat Ray footprint I have is for a Bat Ray 2.

Sincerely,

Jim Walter

9:58 p.m. on February 6, 2009 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
7 forum posts

Hi Jim,

Sorry I didn't reply sooner. Sounds like the tent is in great shape, I would like to buy it. Your offer is very fair, how about I help out with the shipping, call it $135.00 (unless you are in So. Cal. I could pick up.) How do we do the deal, I don't see the way to send private message.

4:39 a.m. on February 7, 2009 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
223 forum posts

Hi David, don't worry about reply time, I was just now able to get back on the computer; it seems that priority is claimed by my wife. Click on abman47 and my email address will be displayed. Email me and we'll work out the details.

11:09 p.m. on February 7, 2009 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
223 forum posts

SOLD. Thank you David.

April 20, 2014
Quick Reply