FS: Northern Lights "Trekker" stove, and MSR Alpine Classic Cooking Set

3:03 p.m. on April 29, 2009 (EDT)
REVIEW CORPS
1,195 reviewer rep
1,064 forum posts

Northern Lights "Trekker" stove in perfect condtion, used flawlessly for around 30 days total. Simmers great, and puts out great heat, can get 16oz going within a few minutes with the right condtions. $10 plus shipping. Clocks in at just over 7oz, but that's because the body is made of machined brass. Holds pots very stably with 4 wide-reaching supports, however, I would be wary of pot larger than 4 liters on this stove just because of the height the canister-style stoves in general.

MSR Alpine Guide Cookset with 2 pots, 1.5L/2L, a lid to fit them both, and a carved-out aluminum pot grabber, everything inside a mesh stuff sack. This is the Stainless Steel version, but it is already heat blackened to increase efficiency. Can fry fish in the lid, using it a frying pan. Very versatile set, everything weighs 1lb 10oz. I can fit an 8oz fuel canister, the Trekker, and two Light My Fire Sporks, as well as waterproof matches, and a small hankerchief inside the inner pot. Well, anyways, $30 plus shipping. They're all super-durable, and will last for 10 years longer if you plan to keep them so long.

August 20, 2014
Quick Reply