Vintage Early Winters "Pocket Hotel"

11:45 p.m. on September 4, 2009 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
4 forum posts

Hi -

I dug out this vintage single person bivy tent and it's still in pretty good shape... no rips or tears, poles intact and the double door zippers work.

Is there any interest out there for stuff like this? I'm sure it needs seams resealed and Gore-Tex treated. The old material isn't the same as new type.

Am considering listing on eBay at 99 cents with no reserve.

If any of you are interested or have some info, post here or drop me a line. Otherwise, it'll be on eBay next week.

THANKS!

12:50 a.m. on September 5, 2009 (EDT)
38 reviewer rep
1,765 forum posts

We have a couple of gear collectors here. Give them a few days to see your post.

10:32 a.m. on September 5, 2009 (EDT)
210 reviewer rep
4,359 forum posts

Can you post a picture of what it looks like set up?

2:36 p.m. on September 5, 2009 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
4 forum posts

Hi Gary -

I do have pics but not sure how to post here.

Here is a link that shows the type of tent. It has two arched hoops, double door (mesh and material), and the foot section is unsupported - the sleeping bag just kind of stuffs in there.

I did assemble an eBay auction but it hasn't started yet... scheduled to start today. Item #200380686348. There are pictures in the listing. .99 start with no reserve...

http://www.oregonphotos.com/Early-Winters-2.html

December 24, 2014
Quick Reply