looking for a sierra designs strech dome rain fly

11:21 p.m. on October 14, 2009 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
1 forum posts

I have a early 90's sierra designs strech dome, I am looking for a rain fly. I lent mine to a friend who used it and packed it up wet and did not tell me:( . the fly disentegrated, from mold, the next time it was pulled out. I used to be avid outdoorsman before marriage and kids. now my oldest is in the scouts and I would like to find a rain fly to continue using my tent with my son. Thanks

11:55 p.m. on October 15, 2009 (EDT)
TOP 10 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
2,329 reviewer rep
5,251 forum posts

Do you want the "standard" or "expedition" fly? I started with the "standard", but quickly found that for snow camping, the "expedition" is really needed. The "standard" should be fine for Scout camping. I still have the "standard" fly somewhere in the storage locker, but I think I can find it readily. It was only used a couple times, once in a heavy snowstorm, which is what convinced me to get the expedition version. So the fly is in virtually new condition, having been stored properly. The tent itself and expedition fly are in excellent shape (when I use it, people often ask if it is new), but not for sale.

I'll figure out a fair price for the standard fly, and you would pay shipping from California (pick it up in person if you are in the SFBay Area).

July 25, 2014
Quick Reply