About | Blog | Forums | People | Free Newsletter
Trailspace is a product review site for outdoor enthusiasts. Use it to find and share great gear.

Garuda Kusala Tent

3:36 p.m. on July 9, 2010 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
22 forum posts

Garuda Kusala Tent for Sale.

This tent was purchased in 1999 with the intent of hiking the AT...alas that never happened, life became busy, then kids came along. This tent has been used only once, and has been kept stored away. It is in mint condition.

This is a very light tent, single wall, breathable fabric.

Will send pictures upon request.

Asking $200.00

7:58 p.m. on July 12, 2010 (EDT)
63 reviewer rep
123 forum posts

i would be interested, but need more info

caryernst@yahoo.com

3:21 p.m. on July 13, 2010 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
22 forum posts

Sent you an email.

Thank you.

12:13 a.m. on August 23, 2010 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
5 forum posts

Have you sold this tent yet?

8:00 a.m. on September 16, 2010 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
22 forum posts

No, I have not sold the tent yet. I dropped the ball, got too busy, and never took any pictures of it. Just pulled it out day before yesterday, but weather has not been cooperating to set it up and take pictures of it. Might just set it up inside to take pictures.

This tent is in mint condition, and is a beautiful tent....almost considering keeping it, but it is impractical for our growing family. It is suited for solo backpacking but fits two well also. The one time my wife and I used it was over New Years at Ozette in Washington State. I was amazed just how well it breathed, stayed warm, and remained virtually condensation free.

We always felt it was too nice a tent to use on our more mundane outings, so used our cheapy dome tent until that one disintegrated...then things got busy, and we didn't get out much, then kids came along, and we moved in the direction of a bigger family tent.

10:34 p.m. on September 16, 2010 (EDT)
63 reviewer rep
123 forum posts

still interested and waiting for pics.......

1:45 p.m. on September 17, 2010 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
22 forum posts

Sorry about that.... Pics will be up very soon.

5:15 p.m. on September 19, 2010 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
22 forum posts

The last picture shows a small stain....not sure what this was from, but there are a few of them...all about the same...like there was something printed that bled through. Really insignificant, but thought I should include in the pictures.

1:28 p.m. on October 5, 2010 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
22 forum posts

Tent is still available.

7:49 a.m. on November 2, 2010 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
6 forum posts

Is this a four season tent?

7:53 a.m. on November 3, 2010 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
22 forum posts

Hello.

Yes, this is a four season tent.  There are a couple of reviews of this tent here on Trailspace.

http://www.trailspace.com/gear/garuda/kusala/

Thank you for the interest.

1:41 p.m. on December 14, 2010 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
22 forum posts

This tent sure would make a nice gift for that serious 4-season back country backpacker.  Still available....$200.00 plus shipping.  I accept paypal too!

1:52 p.m. on December 14, 2010 (EST)
72 reviewer rep
1,044 forum posts

Whats the weight of the tent and what other spec do you know besides single wall and 4 season? Thanx

4:39 p.m. on December 14, 2010 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
3 forum posts

I want to buy $200 with shipping.I can pay by paypal.

please contact suzukisu0842@gmail.com

3:21 p.m. on December 21, 2010 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
22 forum posts

Sorry that it has taken me so long to get the specs....it took a bit of digging.  The Garuda Kusala tent is (according to the mfg.) single-wall, 3-hoop, 2 person, 4 season, 4 lbs. 13 oz.

The tent is technically sold, but I have not received payment yet.  Due to the sometimes hectic nature of the season, I will give it another week to hear about payment...if it doesn't work out, the tent will become available again.

10:23 a.m. on December 29, 2010 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
22 forum posts

The tent has been sold.  Thank you to all who had been interested in it.

April 16, 2014
Quick Reply