Sherpa snowshoes

11:02 a.m. on December 31, 2010 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
2 forum posts

I have a brand new, never used pair of Sherpa Featherweight 8X25 snowshoes that I got directly from the company around 1975 or so. I tucked them away safely in my gun cabinet and they've been there for 35-plus years. I'd like to sell them and perhaps buy a newer, easier-to-set-up pair for my occasional snowshoe jaunts (I'm 70-plus years old). Does a pristine, never-used pair of older Sherpas have any value - perhaps to a collector? I'd send a photo of the Sherpas but I can't figure out how to do it.

3:35 p.m. on December 31, 2010 (EST)
200 reviewer rep
4,164 forum posts

Click on the symbol above with the little image of a tree, next to the video strip. Then under browse that comes up search for the image in your picture files and doubleclick on it, in a few seconds to a minute it will load in the reply area when you hit post reply below.I tried to find an image of them for you but could not.

So you were 35 when you bought them and never used them. I bought a tent from a guy a couple years ago that was brand new never used, but it was 30 years old. Still in the sealed bag that North Face had packed it in.

You say these are featherweight so I am guessing they are not wooden?

8:55 a.m. on January 1, 2011 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
2 forum posts

Sherpa.jpg

2:11 p.m. on January 4, 2011 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
1,078 forum posts

Just recently I stumbled upon a Candian company making Sherpa snowshoes exactly like the original designs, but with what looks to be better claws for traction.  The Candian company used to be a distributor and simply copied the design after the company went under.  Further research via google turned up a dedicated group of folks who swear by the orginal design.  Who knew?

Recently on ebay the original Sherpa patterns and dies were sold.

Used Sherpa snowshoes sell on ebay all the time, you can look at completed auctions for pricing.  I have no idea what a new in the box pair would be worth.  Good luck, I wish I needed them.

October 1, 2014
Quick Reply