For Sale: Wanderlust (Kurt Russell) Nomad Ultralight Tent

5:48 p.m. on January 12, 2011 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
5 forum posts

For Sale: Used Wanderlust Nomad Ultralight Tent in excellent condition. This single walled, grey silnylon tent with noseeum mesh door, window and attached vestibule, was originally designed for use by thru-hikers on the AT or PCT. It is a one person, solo shelter with a diamond-shaped footprint, and weighs a mere 1 pound, 8 ounces (less tent stakes, trekking poles, and ground sheet). The tent, “as sold”, consists of the tent with attached vestibule, two piece vestibule pole, two "spreader bars" to increase head and foot room inside, triptease guy lines to vestibule and rear vents, tent and tent pole stuff sacks, six aluminum tent stakes, and a Tyvek ground sheet. The “as sold” tent weighs approximately two pounds. The tent requires two trekking poles (not included) for set up. It has been gently used on the trail for only 14 nights. The below pictures show the tent completely set up with vestibule cover down and rolled up. The tent originally cost $250, but I will part with it for $120 and pay for shipping to the lower 48 only. If interested, please e-mail me at DennieMRichards@msn.com. I will need payment made through PayPal.

Danbury-Mint-Jeep-002.jpg Danbury-Mint-Jeep-004.jpg Danbury-Mint-Jeep-001.jpg

Danbury-Mint-Jeep-003.jpg Danbury-Mint-Jeep-005.jpg Danbury-Mint-Jeep-007.jpg

11:05 p.m. on January 12, 2011 (EST)
200 reviewer rep
4,212 forum posts

So whats the name Kurt Russell, have to do with the tent?

2:01 a.m. on January 13, 2011 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
5 forum posts

Kurt Russell is the designer and manufacturer of Wanderlust tents. He is no longer in business.

10:24 a.m. on January 13, 2011 (EST)
200 reviewer rep
4,212 forum posts

Oh, the name is the same as the actor in Tron, that who came to mind when I read Kurt Russell.

kurt-russell-lg.jpg

12:13 p.m. on January 13, 2011 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
1 forum posts

would you consider any trades for this tent ?

12:28 p.m. on January 13, 2011 (EST)
REVIEW CORPS
1,308 reviewer rep
1,072 forum posts

@Gary:  Jeff Bridges was in Tron, but I enjoy thinking that the actor Kurt Russell designed this tent, and at one point could be found testing it on the AT...

12:32 p.m. on January 13, 2011 (EST)
87 reviewer rep
1,067 forum posts

@ gary- he was in escape from New york!!!! Great movie for him...

@Pillowhead- thanks for recommending Henry sharp on another post for a tent for someone. Have one coming this month,,,,For my AT thru...Great recommendation...

5:00 p.m. on January 22, 2011 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
5 forum posts

The Wanderlust Nomad Ultralight Tent is now listed on Ebay. Thanks to all who responded to my listing in Trailspace Marketplace.

October 21, 2014
Quick Reply