North Face Gore-tex Mountain Light & Redpoint Jackets FS Mens

5:11 p.m. on January 17, 2011 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
10 forum posts

As the title says, I have a 2010 North Face Mountain Light Gore-tex Jacket for sale. Its a Mens Large. It has only been worn a handful of times, mostly just around campus, never out in the woods as is was intended for. Its a great jacket and def stops wind and rain. Only reason I'm selling is to free up some cash to pay rent. It retails for $299 at REI, I will take $200! I also have a North Face Redpoint Primaloft jacket that will zip into the shell bought at the same time $100 or $275 package deal!!Thanks -Justin
The Jacket is exactly like the one pictured below (color and all):
2815402640103920432S600x600Q85.jpg
Redpoint

the-north-face-redpoint-jacket-m-16390-f

10:34 p.m. on January 17, 2011 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
10 forum posts

If interested, respond here or PM if its available on this site. I will be happy to provide any contact info to handle the sale. I would also be interested in a trade or partial trade for an Arc'teryx Beta AR pro-shell jacket in mens XL, black preferred. Might be a long shot, but ya never know lol

4:05 p.m. on January 20, 2011 (EST)
MODERATOR REVIEW CORPS
658 reviewer rep
2,148 forum posts

I am interested. I will send you an email tonight from my personal email. I'm at work right now and don't want to use my employer's email.

5:36 p.m. on January 20, 2011 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
10 forum posts

Sounds good. 

j u s t i n m a l l r e d AT y a h o o DOT c o m 

9:37 a.m. on January 21, 2011 (EST)
MODERATOR REVIEW CORPS
658 reviewer rep
2,148 forum posts

Hey, sorry I didn't get that email off to you last night. My wife was sick when I got home, so that kinda took precedence. I will email you in a little while.

11:03 a.m. on January 21, 2011 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
10 forum posts

Sure no problem! Sorry to hear abt your wife, hopefully nothing too serious. 

2:09 p.m. on January 21, 2011 (EST)
MODERATOR REVIEW CORPS
658 reviewer rep
2,148 forum posts

Email Sent.

Thanks for your kind thoughts, she is alright, it was just massive migrane.

7:39 p.m. on January 21, 2011 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
10 forum posts

Oh...I know about those! My girl gets them too. I sent you a reply Email. Let me know if you need anything else. Thanks again!

-Justin

5:05 p.m. on January 26, 2011 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
10 forum posts

SOLD thanks!

6:57 p.m. on January 26, 2011 (EST)
87 reviewer rep
1,065 forum posts

Alright Gonzan!!! Great deal you got, took a look myself but have more than enough!!LOL

11:10 a.m. on January 27, 2011 (EST)
MODERATOR REVIEW CORPS
658 reviewer rep
2,148 forum posts

Thanks Denis :)

Kinda broke the bank to get 'em, and will be paying it off for a couple months, but I have been putting off getting a good shell for far to long. Not having one has caramped my outdoor activities to the point of frustration on a number of occasions.

What clinched the deal was the primaloft jacket. I don't need it, per se, as I have an excellent primaloft ski jacket- but a dedicated, zip in, standalone one for my shell? Couldn't pass it up :)

12:29 a.m. on January 28, 2011 (EST)
87 reviewer rep
1,065 forum posts

I thought that was a good deal and I did a double take myself...But with the purchase of a Contrail tent and new light weight raingear and an Alcohol stove coming next week...Yeah Iam about broke..LOL   I dont think after this trip Iam buying anymore gear...I might sell some I have that I am not useing, or donate to someone who will use it...But great call on your part..Hope you have a blast useing it and I want to see pic's of all you guy's on your hike...

11:01 a.m. on January 28, 2011 (EST)
MODERATOR REVIEW CORPS
658 reviewer rep
2,148 forum posts

Sure thing, I'll bet there'll be more than enough pics to post afterword :)

Should be getting the jacket in the mail today, Woot!

What alc stove did you buy, btw?

9:55 a.m. on January 29, 2011 (EST)
MODERATOR REVIEW CORPS
658 reviewer rep
2,148 forum posts

Justin, I got the jackets in the mail. THanks!

11:54 a.m. on January 29, 2011 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
10 forum posts

Justin, I got the jackets in the mail. THanks!

Ok, great! Hope your happy with them. 

12:25 a.m. on January 30, 2011 (EST)
87 reviewer rep
1,065 forum posts

Gonzan I bought a white box stove and it comes with a wind screen as well..

Weighing in at 1oz...I never have used an alcohol stove..But I will play with it to really understand it.. I didn't want to try and build one until I knew more about them...

9:30 a.m. on January 31, 2011 (EST)
MODERATOR REVIEW CORPS
658 reviewer rep
2,148 forum posts

Nice. I played around with a bunch of different types before settling on the ones I make now. I just love these things! For conditions that are suitable, they are the best.

Of course, I only need one or two, but I have lots of people ask me to make one for them. I think once you get into experimenting you'll love the presurized kind. I have gotten much better performance from the presurized ones.

Stove-1.jpg 
  The soda can ones I like will boil a quart of water in 7 min. and can burn for over 30 min on about 2oz.  A larger one can hold about 3.5oz  and burn for an hour!

Here are shots in action:
Stove-3.jpg

They will bring a full 4 cups to a hard boil in 7 min, which is incredible for something that weighs about 2oz.

Stove-4.jpg

Here are two different flame patterns- one is great for mugs and solo kits, the other is much better for real cooking.

Stove-2.jpg

2:07 p.m. on January 31, 2011 (EST)
87 reviewer rep
1,065 forum posts

Nice- Rambler ask me when I started my thread on the AT..Then after getting more info..Found its easier at times just to use an alcohol stove because heat can be bought anywhere..I also wanted to watch the weight I am carrying...I am have it down to about 19pds without food and water...Changeing out gear for lighter items..Man nice stoves...I am going to have to Learn alot about them before I go...LOL

September 30, 2014
Quick Reply