Class 5 Mountaineering Equpipment

12:57 p.m. on February 7, 2011 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
1 forum posts

Last night (while at work) I stumbled upon this site!    There was a woman asking questions about a vintage sleeping bag made by Class 5 Mountaineering equipment company in the '70's.  I have an original owner/designer living w/me....my Mother.  She can answer any/all questions you have about the sleeping bag you possess.  In return, she would like to know WHO made the bag you have.  At the feet, there should be a tag with the name of the sewer attached.  Hope it is there and we relly hope you reply.

Valerie

3:27 p.m. on February 7, 2011 (EST)
MODERATOR REVIEW CORPS
658 reviewer rep
2,148 forum posts

Very cool! I hope they reply and let you know who made it :)

6:12 p.m. on February 7, 2011 (EST)
200 reviewer rep
4,080 forum posts

Wow! Do we have a outdoor equipment maker in our presence? Wow, that must be a real honor to know gear you have designed is being used by us outdoor adventurerers.

9:25 a.m. on February 8, 2011 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
1,075 forum posts

Valerie,

Thanks for contacting us.  Any and all information your mom can share will be most appreciated. 

The little name tags sewn into the bags and packs seemed to be a short lived feature.  I have 3, class 5 bags and none have the name tags, but two of my packs do have tags.

004.jpg

005.jpg

010.jpg

011.jpg

I've seen a third name, May Chinn, on a sleeping bag which I sadly do not own.

Alan

July 29, 2014
Quick Reply