Cheap Down Coat

12:58 p.m. on February 22, 2011 (EST)
12 reviewer rep
207 forum posts

I thought someone might be interested. It's not by a major manufacture and the fill could be better but for $35 you could abuse it and not care.

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/cb.aspx?a=774465&ecid=E108D&em_id=gary_4279@hotmail.com

1:58 p.m. on February 22, 2011 (EST)
MODERATOR REVIEW CORPS
658 reviewer rep
2,148 forum posts

Thanks for the heads up, Gary.

I just bought one. If it is any good, and lives up to the 750 fill claim,  it will be an incredible deal.

I went for thier membership as well, which was $30, but provides free shipping, a 10% discount on all purchases, and two $10 gift certificates (no restricitons) on future purchases. I saw several items I will buy as soon as I get the certificates in the mail.

So all told I only spent $58 on a down jacket and some major savings on other items. If it is a good jacket I will probably get a couple as gifts for my brothers, as they would only be $28 shipped, now that I have the membership.

I will definitely let you guys know if the jacket is any good when I get it next week.

3:03 p.m. on February 22, 2011 (EST)
12 reviewer rep
207 forum posts

gonzan, glad it was something you wanted. I've been buying from them for years and you can get some really good deals. Once you are on there list they are as bad as the rest about sending ads and emails but it's worth it. Be sure and watch there deals on boots and shoes, sometimes there are steals.

3:18 p.m. on February 22, 2011 (EST)
MODERATOR REVIEW CORPS
658 reviewer rep
2,148 forum posts

I will definitely keep them on my list of places to check frequently.

I had been wanting to get some down for a while now, but had put it on the "buy way down the road when i can afford it" list.  I just really wish they had  matching down pants!

July 31, 2014
Quick Reply