Brunton Solaris 26 solar panel FS

6:12 p.m. on April 4, 2011 (EDT)
200 reviewer rep
4,129 forum posts

I am selling my Brunton Solaris 26 Solar Panel. It folds down to 8x11 inches,weighs about 1.4 lbs and is about 2x4 ft unfolded. It will power a laptop,charge a cellphone,recharge a dead car battery or store power to a external battery via sunlight.

I used it in Alaska in 2006 when I bicycled from the Beauford Sea to Homer Spit. 1000 miles thru 90% winderness.

I paid $600 for it 5 years ago, and asking $300. Comes with a power invertor cord. For more information go to www.bruntonoutdoor.com  Its the Solaris 26.

Solaris_26.jpg

solaris_26_closed.jpg

8:04 p.m. on April 4, 2011 (EDT)
TOP 10 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
2,329 reviewer rep
5,282 forum posts

I have one of these and have used it in Alaska, Antarctica, Africa (just to name the "A" group). Never tried doing the car battery, but I have used it a lot to charge my camera batteries, and will be using it to run the laptop down in Peru on the Cordillera Blanca Environmental Expedition 2011. It takes the same amount of time to charge my camera batteries as the standard wall charger. I got mine in 2004, and it works well. They don't wear out from sitting out gathering photons from the sun, and the Brunton is pretty rugged.

There are some other solar panels out there, but for a lot more bucks, plus most of them are in glass - the Brunton won't break, and I understand that sailboat types just lay them out on deck and actually walk on them.

The 1.4 pounds that Gary gives includes the connectors and inverter. If you can run something directly from the panel, (like my camera battery charger) you are down at a pound.

8:24 p.m. on April 4, 2011 (EDT)
MODERATOR REVIEW CORPS
998 reviewer rep
3,475 forum posts

I'm drooling but it would be a while before my revolving gear debt had an opening.

I would love to have one to lay out on top of my camping hammock this summer for camera batteries.

1:20 p.m. on April 5, 2011 (EDT)
200 reviewer rep
4,129 forum posts

I used it everyday in Alaska and its waterproof and easy to use. It has grommets on the corners to make it easier to hold down with stakes or line. I have thought about getting a special battery that Brunton makes to hold more power to use things like a light in the night instead of a lantern. The cheapest one they make is about $350.

3:19 a.m. on April 30, 2011 (EDT)
REVIEW CORPS
1,397 reviewer rep
442 forum posts

Just got a Solaris 6 on Sierra Trading Post for $64.00 shipped! Can't wait to use it for my smaller electronics.

6:40 p.m. on April 30, 2011 (EDT)
200 reviewer rep
4,129 forum posts

The Solaris 6 I guess is a smaller panel?

2:05 p.m. on May 3, 2011 (EDT)
REVIEW CORPS
1,397 reviewer rep
442 forum posts

Yes, but can be linked with other Solaris systems, so I'm hoping to snag a 12 somewhere at a discount.

August 28, 2014
Quick Reply