FS: cool, inexpensive vintage pack 3500c

11:09 a.m. on April 14, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
392 forum posts

I picked this up not too long ago. I bought it because it was obviously a high quality pack, and it reminded me a bit of a Kletterworks lid (Dana Design, Mystery Ranch). I cleaned it up. I treated the leather. Made it into a small project. I didn't get to the couple of spots of melted wax, but I think those would clean up relatively nicely with a little more effort. Sold a bunch of my packs, and having the space feels good. It's infectious. I'd like to make even more room. Just trying to get my money back out of it. Nothing more.

It's from the 70s. It's all there. Zippers work fine. Twin aluminum stays. Cool seatbelt hipbelt with an old school quick-release buckle. I estimate it is around 3500c. Has tent pole pockets behind the two side pockets. Really, for its vintage, it's a very nice pack.

$26 + shipping + fees.

11 high resolution photos in a zip here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=HCZVEDFS

vintage70sgreen3500c01.jpgvintage70sgreen3500c04.jpgvintage70sgreen3500c05.jpgvintage70sgreen3500c07.jpgvintage70sgreen3500c11.jpg

12:32 p.m. on April 15, 2011 (EDT)
102 reviewer rep
2,295 forum posts

Dibbs! Me likie! This is exactly what I was looking for to replace my old REI Day And A Half pack I lost three years ago.  How would you like to arrange the exchange?   I live in Torrance, Ca.  Please contact via the email listed in my profile, so we don't bore others with administrative mumbo jumbo.

BTW: The feature you call tent pole pockets are actually ski pockets.  This is a skier's pack, hence the wax stains.

Ed

4:03 p.m. on April 15, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
167 forum posts

that is a nice old kelty quick release on the hip belt. i never seen one set up to use seat belts before. nice pack 

4:10 p.m. on April 15, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
392 forum posts

emailed

5:15 p.m. on April 15, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
392 forum posts

It really is a cool pack. They use seatbelt strapping for the stay sleeves as well.

6:23 p.m. on April 15, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
167 forum posts

one of the most comfortable day packs i ever had was a tear drop shaped cannondale. the shoulder straps were 4" wide unpadded nylon webbing. that pack was way more comfortable that any day pack i ever had with padded shoulder straps.

1:31 p.m. on May 3, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
392 forum posts

SOLD. thanks.

3:56 a.m. on May 8, 2011 (EDT)
102 reviewer rep
2,295 forum posts

It is with great pleasure and gratitude I wish to announce I have received Zeno's shipment of said pack.  Everything was as described, to my total satisfaction.  At my suggestion we handled the exchange via personal check, saving a little money, and in the process validating there are good Joes out there.

Thank you Zeno, I can't wait to use it on my next backcountry ski trip.

Ed

12:45 p.m. on May 8, 2011 (EDT)
MODERATOR REVIEW CORPS
998 reviewer rep
3,478 forum posts

We want pictures sometime ED!

I agree, that's a cool old school pack.

September 19, 2014
Quick Reply