Jeep Rubicon Preying Mantis Tent - Wanted

10:36 p.m. on May 6, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
3 forum posts

Hi,

I have been scourering the net looking for a Jeep Rubicon Preying Mantis Tent. A camping buddy picked one up a few years ago in an outdoor store, and since I have had tent envy. This is apparently the preying mantis style, red and grey (I believe) with the cyclone vents, gear loft, and had  the Jeep Rubicon logo on various extra's like a hanging cup holder. From what I can tell Quest made a similar tent, but it doesnt look quite the same. I cant even find anything on eBay or craigslist. Surely someone out there has one laying around in a box never used, or slightyly used and in good condition would be fine as well. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris

11:04 p.m. on May 16, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
3 forum posts

/bump

9:35 a.m. on August 10, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
1 forum posts

hey there. i saw your post and i have the tent you were looking for in near pristine condition. it is set to go off on ebay this sunday. saw your post after i set the auction up. let me know if you have any questions. i agree with you in that this is an incredible tent. it  is the jeep rubicon, preying mantis.

hope this helps, keith

6:33 a.m. on November 7, 2011 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
3 forum posts

I meant to get back with you. I apprecitate your post, but actually this is not the same tent, although they apparently share the same name. Its close in design, but the one I am still looking for has no vestibule area, and a slightly different shape. This one has "cyclone vents" on either side, (essentially mini mesh windows) low to the ground that can be opened up for circulation. The fly is red/yellow with double enrty on the same end, but does share the Jeep/Rubicon brand. Apparently this was a rare breed, although it was called the preying mantis. A camping buddy of mine found his years ago at Dicks Sporting goods on sale, (he said just a few left). I am beginning to think he has the only one. I will get pics the next time we head  out to the woods to prove Im not crazy ;)

November 23, 2014
Quick Reply