Tent Stakes Free

6:41 p.m. on May 10, 2011 (EDT)
344 reviewer rep
1,124 forum posts

Yes I understand that most of us have many of these stakes. But I would like to get rid of mine without thoughing them in the trash. If you are a car camper or just need a few stakes for that screened in tarp, I've got some stakes for you. Tell me how many you need. And I will dig them up. Shipping is free.

9:08 a.m. on May 11, 2011 (EDT)
1,631 reviewer rep
3,962 forum posts

Hey Mike, I can always use stakes. Comes in handy for different guying configurations(ie doubling up etc.)

5:29 p.m. on May 11, 2011 (EDT)
344 reviewer rep
1,124 forum posts

What size. and how many?

1:34 p.m. on May 12, 2011 (EDT)
1,631 reviewer rep
3,962 forum posts

Well the stakes I currently use are DAC V-stakes(6.25" long) and MSR Groundhogs(7.5".) So nothing drastically longer or shorter if ya have them. I will take as many as you feel comfortable shipping out. I have 6 tents, a bivy, and a few tarp shelters that I use with the bivy etc. I will definitely make use of them. Thanks Mike.

Address: R.Horwat 1659 Jancey Street Pittsburgh Pa. 15206

5:32 p.m. on May 12, 2011 (EDT)
344 reviewer rep
1,124 forum posts

Rick, I want you to know these are very common shepard hooks. That come with common tents. I'll get them ready to go. !2 of them 7.5"

8:20 p.m. on May 12, 2011 (EDT)
1,631 reviewer rep
3,962 forum posts

That's fine. They still will do the job, I just gotta be a little lighter with the ol' sledge when I am driving them into sandstone(just kidding.) I will make good use of them. I appreciate you sending them out to me. Thanks alot Mike.

9:26 p.m. on May 12, 2011 (EDT)
344 reviewer rep
1,124 forum posts

Very Good. I'll send them out after the weekend. Kite fest at Rockaway beach! I'm kinda pumped up! Love them kite fests. LOL

11:22 a.m. on May 13, 2011 (EDT)
1,631 reviewer rep
3,962 forum posts

Have a great time at Kite Fest. When I was a kid I would spend my summers at the beach body boarding, crabbing, etc. I use to have friends that were into kites. We use to spend hours on end in the later hours as the sun was setting playing with kites. I remember quite a few times wondering to myself "how is it possible that it even flies?" Because of the shape, size and what not of some models. Kites are something I was actually considering getting into. Currently I tie fishing flies(although I don't fly fish lol.) Kites are on my radar as of late. Don't know much about them but as with anything I have set my mind too I catch on quick.

4:58 p.m. on May 16, 2011 (EDT)
344 reviewer rep
1,124 forum posts

Rick the stakes were shipped today.

Heres a list of some of the stakes.

10 aluminum 6.5" shepard hook

6 aluminum 8" shepard hook

14 SS 6"

9 SS 8"

8 black tent stakes 7"

These are the common stakes that you will get with tents/ tarps.

November 23, 2014
Quick Reply