PUR Explorer water filter body, Free

1:27 a.m. on May 21, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
1,236 forum posts

I bought this many years ago and never realy used it.  I believe it's the Explorer model, but I have no paper work on it.  Pulled it out the other day and took it apart.  Smelled just like Bleach.  I pumped  some water thru it and tasted it and it was fine.  I then pulled it apart and put it back together only to have it not pump.  I belive a little piece of rubber inside the lower cover where the water enters and exits the unit has come loose but is still partially  attached.  I belive that i could be fixed  w/ silicone, though if, not there are some good parts here.  They don't make cartridges for this any more but I belive this one to be in new condition and just fine.  After testing it a few weeks ago I pulled it apart and dried it above the wood stove for 3 days.  I will send this to you for shipping if you want, it.
DSC03907.jpg 

Should be fairly cheap.  Let me know if you want it.
DSC03908.jpg

3:11 p.m. on May 21, 2011 (EDT)
43 reviewer rep
112 forum posts

Apeman,

Where was this a couple weeks ago...I just bought 2 like it.lol

Yes it is an Explorer and you can still get filters for them.

$44.95 free shipping..the guide filter will also fit. The bottom piece is replaceable with a bottle attachment piece for about $9.00.

Someone in need of an water pump get it quick..I paid $40 a piece for mine..

4:49 p.m. on May 21, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
1,236 forum posts

Pending

10:41 a.m. on May 22, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
22 forum posts

Looks like someone has jumped on this already...if not I'll take it....  tdaward@suddenlink.net

August 20, 2014
Quick Reply