For Sale: My Subaru!!

12:29 p.m. on May 29, 2011 (EDT)
REVIEW CORPS
1,308 reviewer rep
1,076 forum posts

The ultimate piece of Outdoor gear! Located in Grand Junction, Colorado. Asking $8000, as is.

Looking to sell my baby...You've never seen a wagon like this one, I guarantee it. A lifestyle chage neccessitates a truck, and I can only drive one vehicle, so this has to go...

Front-three-quarters.jpg

Broke down on I-70 a few weeks back, coming home from the front range. Had to get towed into town; think I fried a bearing...car lists for $12,000, so I think a $4000 difference to--at the worst---replace the engine is fair. Once can get another engine for $1000 and drop it in for under $2000, total. Much less if you're mechanically inclined. I just don't have the time, nor the desire to deal with it now...

Car makes a hair over 300 WHP/ 300 ft-lbs. on 93, and ran 12.8 with such a configuration. On E85 you should see about 330/400.

Hood-and-Front-Bumper.jpg

Come with a bunch of extra parts: an extra set of transmission gears, extra gear shaft, extra brake pads.

Interior has been all but removed; interior bracketry has been saved, and is included in sale. Still has full seating for 5.

The 5zigen wheels are no longer on the car; comes with stock 16" alloy wheels and all-season tires.

Sold as is. I have the title in my hand. This was my daily driver for a while, then it became my weekend car, then it became my once-in-a-great-while car...

Front-ground-level.jpg

About 92,000 miles of mostly highway driving. It has been well-maintained, and outside of this latest mechanical problem, is in fine running order. ECU maps run very smoothly, as they were tuned professionally by Clark Turner. I've spent an additional $11,000 to get this car to where it is now, and it shows.

Modifications list:

Engine:

VF 43 Turbocharger
V2 AccessPort w/custom maps included
06 WRX (550cc) injectors
Prodrive EBCS
Invidia V3 catted Downpipe
Invidia Up-pipe
RSR Exmag catback w/extra resonator welded in
P&P&C'ed Exhaust manifold
P&P'ed Throttle Body
Grimmspeed Phenolic TGV spacer gaskets
E-bay APS clone top-mount Intercooler
Samco silicone intercooler hose
E-bay silicone inlet pipe
GP moto silicone mid-pipe
APS CAI (stock diameter)
APS 50/50 recirc. valve
Sun Hyper grounding kit
Perrin turbo heat shield

Body:

STI splitters molded onto a WRX wagon bumper
STI hood scoop/splitter
STI Fog lamp covers w/stickers removed
Carpet/Insulation/Headliner/other various parts removed/included
Cleared Headlights that do not leak
Pink (Cherry Blossom Red) front Subaru Badge
Rear hatch Subaru lettering removed
Roof rack cleared

Suspension:

STI springs
Ingalls Camber Bolts front/rear
21mm sedan sway bar

Brakes:

Stock size, slotted Brembo Rotors
Hawk HPS pads front/rear with about 60% left
Goodridge Stainless lines
Motul fluid (extra pint included)

Transmission:

Spherical Perrin Shift knob
Kartboy short shifter
Energy Suspension shifter bushings

I've also installed an intercooler sprayer kit, using the pump for the rear windshield washer. Combined with the larger intercooler and scoop/splitter, this kit works very well.

Comes with the in-dash 6 disc CD changer, Lamco boost gauge, and original MOMO wheel.

A few cosmetic dents and dings, but nothing unrepairable. If you're looking at this, you know what it is; have fun walking away from your buddies S4 or EVO, in a wagon, with a couple of bikes in the back...

Stock wheels wrapped in W-rated 225 R45 Khumo Ecsta all season performance tires are included/installed on the car. The wheels are in exceptional condition, and the tires have under 5,000 miles on them, with reciepts to prove it.

Call 815-341-2988 with serious offers. It is ready to pickup now.

12:47 p.m. on May 29, 2011 (EDT)
12 reviewer rep
613 forum posts

7:07 a.m. on May 30, 2011 (EDT)
43 reviewer rep
119 forum posts

I am confussed??

What year and Model is it? 

Do I also understand by reading this..Blown engine and no interior except seats but brackets????

Just asking to help you out..$8,000 for a shell, your not going to get alot of lookers..

9:23 a.m. on May 30, 2011 (EDT)
REVIEW CORPS
1,308 reviewer rep
1,076 forum posts

Thanks doug...it's a 2004 Impreza WRX. The seats, door panels, and rear hatch trim are all still in the car. I took out the headliner, carpet, and lots of bracketry holding those things in. I took out about 90 lbs of stuff altogether, and I get to see more of that beautiful silver paint!

A shot of the interior...

Interior.jpg

Thanks for looking!

1:04 p.m. on June 10, 2011 (EDT)
REVIEW CORPS
1,308 reviewer rep
1,076 forum posts

$7000

4:29 p.m. on June 21, 2011 (EDT)
REVIEW CORPS
1,308 reviewer rep
1,076 forum posts

Just had a Subaru mechanic come and look at it...It does turn over and run. I did spin a crank bearing, necessitating an engine re-build. $1000 job. So, then, that's $8000 total for a 360hp 2004 Impreza WRX wagon with under 100,000 miles.

8:47 a.m. on June 22, 2011 (EDT)
87 reviewer rep
1,089 forum posts

"Dude what did you do to my car?" Had to use the line. Hope someone buys it from you pillowthread..thats actually a good deal.Good Luck..

10:51 p.m. on July 2, 2011 (EDT)
REVIEW CORPS
1,308 reviewer rep
1,076 forum posts

Thanks Denis...price reduced to $6500.

November 27, 2014
Quick Reply