Softshell jacket/vest/fleece - size small

Pants/Shorts/skirts - Sz 8-10 (Medium)

Sleeping bag (summer bag)

Dog backpack/life jacket/food bowl/toys

Thanks!

9:26 a.m. on June 2, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
11 forum posts

I don't know if any of the other members are in the central MO area, but that's where I am right now.  I am slowly getting back out of the trail and would love any company!  I backpacked (taught & led college students) and rock climbed (taught kids gym climbing) through college and after but a neck injury a couple years ago had me side-lined for the last couple years.  After surgery in late fall 2010, I am ready to get back on the trail I think.  But, the years of inactivity has my pants a size larger (!)  hence the need to get some new clothes.  

Oh, and any outdoor gear for dogs since we just rescued a great trail partner for me!  Thank you all for your time.

12:55 a.m. on June 3, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
109 forum posts

Can't help with the women's clothing, but I do have a spare dog-backpack that I never use anymore.   It fit a 40-lb blue heeler.  If you think it will fit your newly adopted trail partner you can have it for the low cost of the shipping.   Just let me know.

9:29 p.m. on June 4, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
109 forum posts

Sent you a PM.

3:25 p.m. on June 6, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
109 forum posts

Dogpack on the way.  Enjoy!

2:31 p.m. on June 29, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
11 forum posts

IMG_0308-Large-.jpg

I think the saddlebags need to be higher up so they are more on her body/shoulders...  Maybe more like the Ruff Wear Approach Pack style (http://www.ruffwear.com/Approach-Pack?sc=2&category=13)

6:36 p.m. on June 29, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
1,236 forum posts

Yea, after looking at the way the packs sit on your dog, looking at the Approach link, and remembering how the paks used to sit on my old doggies, I would say that since your dog has height challange issues he/she will have to have special equitpment either altered or made in regards to a dog pack.  The pack that he/she is wearing in the picture, I belive will work if the pack were to sit  up higher.  I can't imagine that it would be to hard find someone to take some material off of the back to raise the packs higher.   If you can sew this looks to me  be a rather simple job.  You will want to have some material removed and then sew it back in the same pattern that it is in now.  You might even be able to pinch the the back together across the top and sew a seam down the center as it looks like you with only need to raise them about 2-3 inches.  With that being said I can't really see the top area that needs to be altered so you will want to take it to someone who knows what their doing if your unable to do it your self.

6:56 p.m. on June 29, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
387 forum posts

keep hard objects away from anywhere close to where their legs can hit them when running.  I've known a couple dogs to shatter elbows and knees banging into plastic things, can corners, etc when dog packs weren't properly packed and padded.

5:36 p.m. on June 30, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
109 forum posts

Yeah, and if you look at all the pictures of dogs wearing the Approach pack, they all have much longer legs than your dog.

Funny, I was afraid this pack would be too small for your needs, NOT too big.  haha

11:57 p.m. on July 1, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
3 forum posts

just joined after checking out some reviews and found this thread.i have a brand new barbour dog coat that i bought for my mother's corgi and it didn't fit.it's only been out of the package once and i'd love to get a few bucks and find a home for it.it's still in the original box it arrived to me in.

July 26, 2014
Quick Reply