Classic Camp Stoves for sale

12:35 a.m. on June 6, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
93 forum posts

Hi All,

I need to make some room in the gear locker so thought I'd offer some of my duplicate or no longer used stoves. I know some of these are considered collectable and are going for some higher prices on eBay now. That said, I prefer these to go to folks here and not be flipped so please respect that and let someone get one of these if they are looking for one.

Prices are net to me. You pay the shipping. Paypal is ok if you pay the fee. If I have to ship I will pack them like I was shipping them to me.  Feel free to make me an offer if you want. All the stoves have been gone through to make sure they work or I have worked on them to make work well...at some point. That said,  I may not have fired these recently. My kero stoves all run on Clearlight and not regular kerosene.  Usually he spirit can was rusted out though if it is still functional it is included. That said,  I would not trust an original spirit can on a trip...use a nalgene bottle for the alcohol.

I can email jpegs to serious  purchasers but figure you know what these look like if you are considering one.

Kero Burners

Radius 21 in original box. Includes windscreen as I recall. This is a stove like the Primus 210. Roarer burner. Look at ebay item 110690475535 if you want to see what this looks like. Price $75

Radius 20 in a 21 box. The original box had rusted out and basically fell apart. This is a stove just like the Primus 96 shown on ebay 360371752392. These are great stoves but there is a learning curve to being able to use these.  As I recall this burns quite well. Price $70

Optimus 00. The classic keroburner. Theres one on ebay now at over $100. Mine is a really good stove but I've not cleaned up the box like the ebay one.  Last outing was a winter overnight two years ago. Price $80

British Kero burners. Veritas and a Burmos 210. Basically like the Radius 21 or Primus 210 with roarer burner. Very functional kero burners and I think under rated. Both complete.  Both have been used in the field but it's been a while.

White Gas stoves

Radius 42 can/box stove. This might be more of a collector piece more suitable for ebay as it is fairly old but and is rather unique. It is the size of a Svea 123 and looks like it except that the filler is a wingnut type bolt on the bottom of the stove and the base of the stove is shaped like a funnel so one needs not to carry a funnel when using this stove. I use one of this in a Optimus cook kit but because there is no safety valve I do monitor the tank temperature a little more closely. Missing the key but it takes the exact same one as the old Svea 123. Price $45

Optimus 8R. Perfectly functional and not bad shape though previous owner buzz bombed it blue. Label still shows. Price $40

Optimus 99. The lightweight aluminum version of the 8R. Think there's one or two on ebay.  Price $80. These burn hot in my experience but are pretty good little box stoves.

Juwell 84 A German version of a Svea but on steroids. Typical German functionality. Not a work of art but a very functional white gas stove wind screen. My hunting buddy said he wants this but if he doesn't speak up soon it's available. Still in box but it has been used. Price $30

Primus 71's.....I have a couple of these that are unlit so if you are verging on being or becoming  a collector...ping me for more info. Most likely these should go onto to eBay for the collector types. I may have another used one laying around in the silver box that I can part with.

Thanks for looking...these are fun old stoves but need to find new homes and get used.

Best,

Mazama

9:19 a.m. on June 6, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
19 forum posts

Hi-

Interested in the Optimus 99. You can email directly at chadhelmke at gmail dot com.

Thanks,

Chad

3:16 p.m. on August 12, 2011 (EDT)
4 reviewer rep
1 forum posts

Hi Mazama,

Interested in the 8r.  Please email mdemarr at gmail dot com.

Thank you.

Mike.

12:54 p.m. on August 15, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
93 forum posts

Hi Mike,

I'm sending you the jpegs at your gmail address...got your inquiry through that list as well.

Fired the stove up and it worked fine..even in the wind.

Best,

Randy

1:29 p.m. on September 20, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
93 forum posts

Hi Chad,

Did I ever reply to you on the Optimus 99???...for some reason I don't remember the link telling me about your interest as I recall and I am just so I am seeing your message when I went back to update what is available.

The 99 is still available if you are still interested.

Thanks,

Mazama

October 1, 2014
Quick Reply