WTB: Bibler Tempest Ground Cloth

12:44 p.m. on June 7, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
7 forum posts

Looking for Bibler Tempest ground cloth.

5:10 p.m. on June 7, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
1,236 forum posts

Hi JPENA and welcome to Trailspace,

In regards to obtaining a grownd cloth.

A. Contact Black diamond/Bibler

B. Watch for one one ebay

C. Contact http://gofastlite.com/

D.  Make your own out of Tyvek. (gotastlite makes theirs out of Tyvek). You can quite often get it for free if your resourceful as it's used as a house wrap/vapour barrier on building sites and quite often they have ends that are left over.  It's is usually much lighter that the manufactures footprint and in some cases much tougher.  Do not use it if you are looking for "pretty", it is not "pretty".   If not you cannot fined it locally (check craigslist in your area) buy it by the foot on Ebay.  To attach it to the tent you tie a knot in the each of the corners and attach  small bits of shock cord to the knots to hold to tent (leave a little extra material on the corners to tie your knots.  You can also sew tabs needed to your custom ground sheet.  You can also put brass rivets, the same that are used in tarps, for poles or shock cord to fit in to fit in.

Good luck and let me know if you decide to make one, it's silly easy and you can save some money as well.

11:38 p.m. on June 7, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
7 forum posts

Thanks for the suggestion Apeman, I just ordered a Tyvek kit on ebay for 6.00

I am not concerned about pretty. I only use this tent three times a year for winter camping in the snow. Just got a new HH Hammock for fathers day hoping it becomes my new favorite 3 season shelter.

August 29, 2014
Quick Reply