FS: Marmot Rim Laptop Backpack - Like new

9:28 p.m. on June 20, 2011 (EDT)
318 reviewer rep
56 forum posts

Hey guys, I'm selling a black Marmot Rim Laptop pack. It is in excellent condition and I coated it with Nikwax Solarproof so it is water resistant. 

Price is $60 shipped. 

Here is some information I posted as a review:

It has 2 large zippered pockets, one medium pocket, and 2 small side zipper pockets.

Large (inner) Pocket 1: Holds laptop's 15-16" wide and 10" length. Also room in this pocket for large school books, binders, etc. Has a zippered pocket and a sleeve pocket.

Large (middle) Pocket 2: Has a smaller zippered pocket with key clip. Ipod and phone mesh sleeve, 2 pen holders, and room to carry books, binders, etc.

Medium (outer) pocket: Small zippered pocket, two separate sleeves, one can hold a 32oz nalgene bottle or a larger style laptop charger. The other fit my smaller coffee thermos. Enough room in there to stuff a rain jacket, rain pants for day hike.

Small (outer) pocket: has vertical zipper, good place for passport / plane ticket / cliff bar.

Two small side pockets: It's a tight fit, but you can put a 1L bottle in each of these. I also found them fitting for a camera, extra pair of socks, winter cap, etc.

I really like the style and look this has. Keeping in mind it is a school/laptop pack. I will use this 75% for classes and work, and 25% on day hikes. I'm really impressed with how they divided up the pockets. This pack is a lot larger than I thought it was and has a place for everything I need.

This is a very comfortable pack to carry. The shoulder straps had me worried as they seemed thin. But they were very comfortable, as well as the back padding. I had 10 lbs in this pack for a 4 mile hike and hardly noticed it. The back padding provided more ventilation on my lower back which I'm not used to. I also found the side pockets to work great for my camera.

DSC00978.jpg

DSC01168.jpg

DSC00981.jpg

October 2, 2014
Quick Reply