FS: Moss The Big Dipper and Tentwing (Camden, Maine)

10:19 a.m. on August 19, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
7 forum posts

Hi,

after having sold my three moss tents, I have another one to sell on behalf of a friend.

It is a Moss The Big Dipper. The tent is a 3-4 person model from 1992 and was made in Camden, Maine, USA, as the tags show. The original instruction paper (some small drawings have been made on this paper to show the sizes of the tent) comes with the tent.

Unfortunately some parts of  the fabric of the tent have become pretty sticky. This concerns the red areas ( from one side), which means the floor of the inner tent (sticky from the outside, not from the  inside of the tent) and the outside of the pole sleeves. The original moss bags for the poles, stakes and the tent are also sticky from the outside. The outer tent has some small spots, but is in good overall condition. The Easton-Aluminium poles are all in very good condition.

With the tent comes an original Moss Tentwing with an Easton pole. The Tentwing has all the papers and a seperate bag with stakes with it and was also made in Camden, Maine (USA) in 1992, as the label shows.

I can provide detailed pictures of the tent. If someone is interested, just get in touch.

Although the tent is partially sticky, it is still an impressive, vintage piece of kit and a fantastic proof of Bill Moss abilities in Tent construction.

My friend prefers to sell the tent and the tentwing together.

If you are interested, you are welcome to make an offer.

The shpping-costs (from Germany) would be around 60-65 dollars.

Thanks for reading, Andy

7:55 p.m. on August 19, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
2 forum posts

Hi Andy, I'm interested in your Moss tent.  I have a Starlet GT and would enjoy something larger as well.   Please email photos to steven.anderson@zurichna.com.   Do you think we can get the sticky stuff off?  Give me a call if you want 817 320-45549.  I'll make you an offer as soon as I see the pics.  Thanks.  Steve (Dallas)

7:56 p.m. on August 19, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
2 forum posts

Oops.  Phone is 817 320-4559.  Steve

5:06 a.m. on August 22, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
7 forum posts

Hello Steven,

all my mails came back, so I couldn`t contact you via email.

The tent has been sold. Thanks, Peter.

August 23, 2014
Quick Reply