for sale stephenson warmlite and Henry Shires rainbow one

11:44 a.m. on September 2, 2011 (EDT)
34 reviewer rep
18 forum posts

Stephenson refurbished hriple bag...girth about 60". It has an new VP liner of fuzzy stuff. Older style will take the foam down man sold by stephenson, Does have zippered sleeve for a mat. Completely professionally cleaned.

$350.00 or offer.

Also two year old Henry Shires Rainbow...completely seam sealed and with ground cover. Has been used four time. It is in like new condition. $200.00 or offer.

Have pics of sleeping bag if wanted.

11:46 a.m. on September 2, 2011 (EDT)
34 reviewer rep
18 forum posts

correction...will not take Stephenson down arr mat in zippered compartment.

12:19 p.m. on September 2, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
1,237 forum posts

Please post any pictures if you have them.

Regarding the Henery Shires, is it the Rainbow or Double Rainbow?

Regarding the Warmlite bag..... How old is it?   What color is it?  I'm assuming in your listing you ment 'refurbished triple bag' instead of "refurbished hriple bag".

What  materials were refurbished on/in the bag.

Is this bag a mummy, modified mummy or rectangular bag?

Was the cleaning done by some one who specializes specifically in down products?

If it has a zippered compartment and does nto take the Spephenson matt, what is the zippered compartment for?

Thanks

11:59 a.m. on September 3, 2011 (EDT)
34 reviewer rep
18 forum posts

Dear Apeman,

Sorry about the spelling errors?

the rainbow is the solo model, purchased in 9/2009 have used about four times for overnights. Seams are sealed and has tyvek gound sheet. Also I have Easton aluminum poles I made for the ends instead of relying on the walking poles.  Very nice tent.

The Warmlite...was cleaned by a local cleaners who does specialized in proper cleaning of down products.

The bag was sent to Stephenson after cleaning to have a new fuzzy stuff interior lining installed in all three inner layers and some other minor repairs made such has zipper pull replacement.

They would have told me if the bag was not cleaned properly. 

They told me the down levels were  correct,  as they would have added down as needed per our business arrangement.

A for the age I really do not know as this is second hand and the original buyer is deceased. My guess is that it is more than 20 years.

I have never used but it is proper stored since it came back from Stephenson last April. I think it is very good useable condition.

I would not hesitate to take it a year long trip anywhere in the world.

IT is a rectangular bag.

The zippered compartment is for a foam mat,  not the Stephenson down air mat.

the color is green

blackfox

The bag and rainbow are listed on EBAy so check out pics of bag there and further information.

Rainbow also listed on ebay but no pics available...sorry but my ebay reputation and feed back speak for itself.

Blackfox

7:04 p.m. on September 3, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
1,237 forum posts

Hey blackfox:  No big deal on the spelling errors as I'm most likely the worst offender on the site, I only passed one spelling test my whole life and I cheated on that test.  It was just not worth cheating to pass the rest.  I just wanted those who are not famiar with Warmlite products to know what it was called. 

10:23 a.m. on September 4, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
1,238 forum posts

Always wondered about the Vapor-Barrier deal.

Any veracity to their claims ?

~r2~

10:32 a.m. on September 4, 2011 (EDT)
34 reviewer rep
18 forum posts

Apeman,

I  understand.

So are you interested in the bag? Really I hate to part with it but need the cash right now. I already have one top quality cold weather bag and a great sleeping quilt which I made. The Warmlite triple I bought  because I thought it was a great deal, and I have always wanted one. Actually by the time I had it cleaned and refurbished it I put more money into it than I have been comfortable with.  Anyway the price is negotiable if you are interested. We can arrange something here or make me an offer on Ebay, as the auction is buy it now or best offer auction. I will consider all offers above $250.00.

Warmlite is really an interesting company and I use their vapor barrier booties, shirt and gloves. I am a believer in the use of vapor barriers. It works for some people, like me, and not for others. I think, the concept of VP is the basis of the Stephenson warmlite products. Their products are very well made and well engineered.  They have been in business for a very long time and their sleeping bags are considered by many to be the best made in the world. So my bag is over twenty years old, but looks and feels like new with the lightest best quality down availalble. Really if you want a bag you can use from the tropics to the cold weather regions, and stay warm and comfortable it can't be beat.

I will even refund your money if you are not satisfied when you get it.  You need only pay for the return shipping ($20.00 UPS) and return it within ten days in the same condition you received it in.

blackfox

9:03 a.m. on September 5, 2011 (EDT)
34 reviewer rep
18 forum posts

The best source I know of to learn about  vapor barriers is a book entitled "Secrets of Warmth" by Hal Weiss. In this book he uses good science and common sense to explain why VB systems work. on page 45, "The vapor barrier blocks moisture, dirt, body odors and salt from getting into and contaminating the insulation. This means the heat retention of the insulation remains intact throughout the day".....A side benefit is that your clothing stays cleaner."

or in this case the sleeping bag and the expensive down that may be in it.

Despite the claims of most backpackers and outdoor enthusiasts VB systems do work if used properly. Stephenson Warmlite bags are certainly proof of that.

blackfox

9:22 a.m. on September 5, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
1,238 forum posts

Thanks, Jerry, for the tip on the book.   I shall be looking to acquire it.  Have always been curious regarding VB systems.

Best-of-luck with your bag.  I was just looking at it on the eBay listing.

I am already well-equipped with bags.  Have waaaay too many !   Down to -60F (!).

~r2~

9:38 a.m. on September 5, 2011 (EDT)
34 reviewer rep
18 forum posts

Oh, the Stephenson Warmlite website has alot of information about how vapor barriers work, as well.

6:48 p.m. on September 12, 2011 (EDT)
34 reviewer rep
18 forum posts

Apeman,

The bag did not sell so if you are still interested I will sell it to you for $250.00 plus $20.00 shipping.  The best way to pay is Postal Money Order.

Blackfox

8:51 p.m. on September 12, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
1,237 forum posts

OK, done deal.  PM me your address.

1:49 a.m. on September 27, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
1,237 forum posts

Hi blackfox,  Recived the bag today.  Thanks, as promised this is a really nice, really quality bag. 

11:22 p.m. on September 27, 2011 (EDT)
34 reviewer rep
18 forum posts

excellent...glad it is what you were looking for.

Blackfox

September 20, 2014
Quick Reply