Wanted: Dana designs bomb pack- black- m/l or large

11:44 p.m. on September 5, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
1 forum posts

Hello- looking for a m/l or large Dana Designs bombpack- or bombpack overkill. I want to find a black pack- silver daisy chains preferable- just let me know- would like to find one in excellent condition and would pay accordingly. I have a blue and black one- love the pack- just always wanted the all black one. Let me know what you have. Thanks

Jack

2:03 a.m. on September 6, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
387 forum posts

I've always been confused by the "Bombpack Overkill".  Reason being, "Overkill" indicates that an entire pack be made of 1000d Cordura.  That's the difference between a normal Dana and an Overkill Dana.  One was using 500d on the pack body, and the other was using 1000d throughout the pack.  Bompacks, at least in their early years, were all made entirely of 1000d Cordura.  I'm wondering what is different about the Bombpack vs the Bombpack Overkill.  I've asked eBay sellers who swear their Bombpacks were indeed also Overkill, but it seems redundant.  I'm not sure how they did things once they switched to ripstop and newer nylons.

I liked the black with yellow strapping.  Looked like a bumble bee.

Any ideas on what the difference between a Bombpack vs the Bombpack Overkill?  It must be more than the fabric.

6:36 p.m. on September 6, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
8 forum posts

Jack,

Here is what I have:  Dana Designs Bomb Pack,  Size: Large,  All Black with red lettering.  The condition of this pack is good/fair.  The price is $126.00 plus shipping from Bozeman, MT.   Let me know if you are interested.  Have fun!

12:17 p.m. on September 7, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
105 forum posts

I don't recall there being a named Bomb Overkill Pack by Dana--early models were all made of 1000 Cordura except for the Shovit Pocket and top lid.  There was a Bridger Overkill model that Dana produced.  As for color combos on the Bomb, my favorites were the 1990 Fuschia with Blue webbing and the wild 1997 (last year in Bozeman) model in Gnarly--a kaleidoscope of yellow, red, green, purple & black!

July 22, 2014
Quick Reply