About | Blog | Forums | People | Free Newsletter
Trailspace is a product review site for outdoor enthusiasts. Use it to find and share great gear.

Borah Peak

12:12 p.m. on December 31, 2001 (EST)
(Guest)

I have heard a lot of conflicting reports about this mountain (Borah Peak, Idaho). I have read that it is VERY difficult and that you should "look out at Chicken out ridge" that this is an extremely narrow and dangerous crossing. My sister reports from Idaho, that people say it is an easy climb only half a day needed, no problems no special equipment. Anyone with personal knowledge of this mountain, I sure would appreciate your input. Also, would probably hike in early September. Thank you.

-Sid-

2:28 p.m. on December 31, 2001 (EST)
(Guest)

a.k.a. Karl

Checkout:

http://www.americasroof.com/usa.shtml

Quote:

I have heard a lot of conflicting reports about this mountain (Borah Peak, Idaho). I have read that it is VERY difficult and that you should "look out at Chicken out ridge" that this is an extremely narrow and dangerous crossing. My sister reports from Idaho, that people say it is an easy climb only half a day needed, no problems no special equipment. Anyone with personal knowledge of this mountain, I sure would appreciate your input. Also, would probably hike in early September. Thank you.

-Sid-

April 23, 2014
Quick Reply