New Climbing Film

9:11 a.m. on June 18, 2013 (EDT)
386 reviewer rep
17 forum posts

Just finished a short film on a recent expedition to Mt. Pisco in Peru.  The film follows a group of ordinary people who have decided to climb a mountain.  We just released this trailer and hope to have the film accepted in the 2013 Banff Mountain Film Festival.  The film is called "Ordinary Mountaineers".  This is our first film... would love to get any feedback on the trailer.  Thanks!

10:32 a.m. on June 18, 2013 (EDT)
TOP 10 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
3,325 reviewer rep
1,204 forum posts

This looks really cool. Watching Ueli Steck isn't nearly as inspiring as watching regular people climb.  It gives me more motivation to keep climbing.

Everything these people said seriously resonated with me and sounded like things I have thought or said.  I hope this movie is really successful and I'd love to see the full length film. 

How can I see it?

10:38 a.m. on June 18, 2013 (EDT)
386 reviewer rep
17 forum posts

Thanks for the feedback. The film itself is probably 90% complete. We are hoping it can debut at the Banff festival this fall. That would be the world premiere. I will keep this thread updated over the next few months as there are new developments.

1:58 p.m. on June 18, 2013 (EDT)
87 reviewer rep
1,057 forum posts

I would want to see this film.The trailor was great.Story of ordinary people climbing is what we need and how they did it.I think your film will be a hit..

2:11 p.m. on June 18, 2013 (EDT)
1,631 reviewer rep
3,962 forum posts

Looks pretty good. I am most certainly interested in seeing the finished product for sure.

By the way, I like the use of Stranglehold in the background(Sweaty Teddy Nugent. ;)

Good stuff.  

4:39 p.m. on June 18, 2013 (EDT)
386 reviewer rep
17 forum posts

Thanks for your comments denis and Rick.  We are excited about the film and thought others might find it interesting as well.

6:05 p.m. on June 19, 2013 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
2 forum posts

Nice work! I'd like to see more.

I think this film appeals to everyone because ordinary folks will think,"if that were me, how would I handle this issue?" While regular climbers are thinking, "Wow these guys know nothing, I'd totally do this... and this..."

You've got me hooked.

3:59 p.m. on July 8, 2013 (EDT)
MODERATOR REVIEW CORPS
658 reviewer rep
2,148 forum posts

Nice, I'd love to see it. 

July 26, 2014
Quick Reply